THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I’m on a fish kick and here’s my latest creation. I got my inspiration for this from Tonybel. I’ve tweaked his (or should I say Maribel's) recipe a little and came up with this.

I started out with 2 lbs. of Talapia from Costco.

I diced this up into approximately 1/2” cubes and then marinated this in the fridge overnight with the juice of 8 limes, 1 lemon and 1 tbsp. of course ground black pepper.

This morning I gathered the other ingredients:
1 ½ Cucumber (Peeled and then diced)
3 Jalapeno (Remove seeds and finely diced)
½ Medium Red Onion (Diced)
½ Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
2 Green Onion (Diced)
3 cloves of Garlic (Finely diced)
3 Tomatoes (Use only the firm parts, remove seeds and finely diced)
1 bunch Cilantro (Finely chopped)
A little freshly ground sea salt
1 cup Clamato Juice
¼ cup Tapatio Hot Sauce

Once you’ve diced and combined the veggies you can add the fish. Note: Per Tonybel’s recipe, before you add the fish you pour out and get rid of the lime juice. Now you add the fish and stir. Now add the Clamato juice, the Tapatio hot sauce and stir again.

Here it is with everybody in the pool getting happy together. I’ll let this sit in the fridge for another couple of hours before I make lunch.

I’m all set for the weekend! :becky:

Last edited:
Wow looks great. I might run out and make some for tomorrow, havent done some in a long time. We also put juice from a valley lemon.

Wow looks great. I might run out and make some for tomorrow, havent done some in a long time. We also put juice from a valley lemon.
Thanks pete. It's going to be warm this weekend so having something cold but still yummy was just what the doctor ordered.

I have got to try this with your other post I sent both to my son I believe he will love this idea Not sure where to get that hot sauce sounds regional

Back