THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm ticketed on non-stops both ways from Tampa to Islip so if they're flying I should make it. I'll have to decide Thursday thought since I can't afford to burn leave. Man, that sounds really cold -- I'm whining about not being able to fly up for a 'que weekend when some folks are going to have their lives just totally farked up. Sorry -- I'll quit whining! I'll be there if at all possible.

I think I can push my flight back for a $100 fee. If I kick and scream I could probably get that fee reduced.

Although it looks now like it will make landfall early Thursday and be past New York by Friday. It also isn't at this point scheduled to hit Atlanta. So I'd probably be ok.

But if we reschedule to a later weekend it won't make much difference to me.

Just herard from my Mom who is on vacation in North Carolina. She thinks the news is blowing it way out of porportion. Of course this comes from a 75 year old woman who probably voted for the current governor of Illinois. So take it for what it's worth.

Picture:
Live camera shot on the NC coast.

horizontal rain, trees violently blowing.

Granny holding onto a cane, hooked to a light post, feet off the ground blowing in the wind.

Woman: You camera people are blowing this thing way out of proportion.

willkat98 said:
Picture:
Live camera shot on the NC coast.

horizontal rain, trees violently blowing.

Granny holding onto a cane, hooked to a light post, feet off the ground blowing in the wind.

Woman: You camera people are blowing this thing way out of proportion.

They where evacuated 3PM yesterday, guess no swinging from the light pole.

Back