Contest Announcment *** CANCELLED *** Firin' Up the Fox BBQ Contest & Craft Beer Festival Sept 18, 19 & 20

FirinUpTheFox

Knows what a fatty is.
4th Annual Firin' Up the Fox BBQ Contest and Craft Beer Festival in St. Charles, Illinois.

Raising Awareness and Funding for Living Well Cancer Resource Center in Geneva, Illinois. For more information www.livingwellcrc.org

September 18, 19 - KCBS, Illinois State Championship, and Official Contest of Kane County, includes Main 4, an additional four Side Categories and double blind People's Choice Pork. Awards for Rookie, Most Improved, Best in Kane County.

Sept 20 - Amateur Contest, judged almost entirely by CBJ's, with two categories - Ribs and chicken, with Grand and Reserve Grand Champion.

Sept 20 - Kids Q - we provide the pork butt, and the grill, your kid provides the recipe - two age groups - 5-10 and 11-15.

More Information - www.firinupthefox.com

KCBS Sign-Up - http://firinupthefox.org/competing/kcbs-contest/

Amateur Sign-Up - http://firinupthefox.org/competing/amateur-contest/

Questions on contests - contests@firinupthefox.com

Questions on judging - judges@firinupthefox.com

Questions on sponsorship - sponsors@firinupthefox.com

We're planning on it! It's hard to pass up on a competition 3 miles from home :-D

Plus, we have to defend our title as Best BBQ in Kane County :thumb:

An e-mail went out this morning. This competition has been cancelled.

From the e-mail...

Well, despite the traction we are getting with our event with the BBQ community and teams at all levels, we haven’t been able to generate the community, volunteer and financial support needed to make this community event happen without heroic efforts from a small few. Additionally, our parent organization, Pride of the Fox’s RiverFest event this June suffered 3 days of significant rain, significantly impacting them financially, and thus putting us in a position to suspend Firin’ Up the Fox this year. Unfortunately, this means that we will be cancelling the 2015 Firin’ Up the Fox BBQ Contest & Craft Beer Festival, along with the BBQ Cooking and BBQ judge Classes that we had planned for this fall.

This decision was not reached lightly, and several meetings were held, and many options considered to move forward to hold the event, but the risk of an additional financial loss from this event for the organization at this time was a risk we just can’t take at this time.

What does this mean to you?

If you have signed up for a contest, or a class, or to judge and bought souvenirs and paid – we will be refunding your money.

If you paid through paypal within the last ~60 days, you will receive payment through paypal.

If you paid via check and we have not cashed it, we will void and destroy the check.

If you paid through paypal more than 60 days ago or paid by check and it was cashed, we will be issuing you a check refund.

If you’ve signed up and haven’t paid – no further action is required.

Our current goal is to refund paypal funds by July 13th. Our goal for check refunds is to have them cut by July 13th, and in the mail by the 16th.

Thank You for your support

Ron - Thank you for posting here - was on my list to do today.

Everyone else...

Give us a few weeks to get through the next steps and let the dust settle and then I'll be ready to begin discussions about overcoming some of these challenges for 2016.

Kevin

Too bad I live nearby and this was going to be contest #2 for me....hopefully it's back for next year.

Too bad I live nearby and this was going to be contest #2 for me....hopefully it's back for next year.

I hope so, too.

Have you considered the Lamb's Farm competition in October? That's pretty close to home.

Will you able to make it to the gathering on the 19th?

I hope so, too.

Have you considered the Lamb's Farm competition in October? That's pretty close to home.

Will you able to make it to the gathering on the 19th?

Lamb's Farm might be the place to go. Hadn't seen that there was anything on the 19th but I'm interested! Just have to make sure I don't have anything going on will let you know. Thanks!

Lamb's Farm might be the place to go. Hadn't seen that there was anything on the 19th but I'm interested! Just have to make sure I don't have anything going on will let you know. Thanks!

Cool! Details are in the link in my signature

Back