Can I put a properly smoked brisket thru a food slicer?

Obnoxious1ne

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
NOX
I'm interested in buying a commercial meat slicer to sell sammiches. The type that a deli usually uses to cut deli meats, like at Jersey Mikes. Anyone here ever smoke their brisket and put it thru one for ultra thin slices? I already assume the brisket will have to be cut cold, but will it work if its at the perfect tenderness point and super cold?

I enjoy a perfectly smoked brisket and cut pencil thin in general, but for the application im trying to create, I need a meat slicer. I just don't know if it will work

I would just undercook it slightly from where you would normally be spot on for pencil thick slices then don’t bother with refrigeration for slicing and reheat of thin slices.

Most Jewish delis serve cooked brisket that has been cooked, cooled sliced and reheated. It turns out fine. Not as good as fresh cooked but it is serviceable.

guess I'm not sure why you would want perfectly smoked bbq brisket sliced deli thin but to each their own. I have used a cheap slicer to carve up pastrami I made from brisket

I go to a local Amish market that has pretty good BBQ and they slice their brisket on a slicer.

I had a brisket panini yesterday where the brisket was sliced maybe 1/8” thick. The slices were consistent enough that I think it was done on a slicer.

(It was -meh-)

We smoke briskets and put them through the slicer all the time. Briskets are smoked till done then chilled. People order our brisket sandwiches all the time and really seem to enjoy them. We just slice, reheat, sauce and make the sammie…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back