Camp chef...

gcs

is one Smokin' Farker
I have been considering a gas griddle, and after reading the blackstone thread I looked up Camp chef models.

I see they have dedicated griddles and their "outdoor cooking system" which essentially is a 2,3 HD burner grill base with a griddle, bake, and oven option that you mix and match over the burners....

Anyone have one of these and any reviews?
seems like a versatile system for all types of cooking. Thanks

I had their 4 burner griddle, which also had grates so you could us it as a grill and it was great! I have also looked at their outdoor cooking system and if the quality is the same as the griddle, then it would be hard to go wrong, but have no direct experience.

I have pulled the trigger on a Blackstone because I already have a 4 burner Camp Chef with a griddle. The extra burner is great to have when needed.

I recently purchased a Grilla Grills Primate. It is a 4-burner grill/griddle, and it is made of all stainless steel. It is one of the best grill purchases that I have made. It is definitely worth a look, although it is more expensive than Blackstone or Camp Chef.

Good luck!

I have a 2 burner camp chef and the griddle to put on it. It doesn't have very even heating. Way hotter directly over the burners and way cooler in the middle

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Does yours have the heat diffuser disk for the burner?

I recently bought a Camp Chef Big Gas Grill 14 though I have not set it up yet. I have a couple of other Camp Chef products, though, and have been very happy with them and with CC's support. I bought the grill primarily to have a small grill to do a few brats or burgers. I also bought the add-on griddle and am looking forward to trying it. The CC products are maybe a little more expensive than some but, especially with sheet metal products IMO you get what you pay for.

I have a pair of the 2 burner Camp Chef explorer models I use for camping trips. Its nice that it breaks down for portability, but agree that it has uneven heating. Mine has disks on the bottom side of the griddle that sit over the burner, but definitely a big gap between hot and cold spots. Once I learned how it works I can manage fine, requires a bit more moving food around.

It does what I need and is sufficient enough that I haven't bought a replacement. But I wouldn't complain if I some how got my hands on a Blackstone for the home. At home I primarily use Grill Grates flipped upside down on my Weber for any griddle cooking or a cast iron pan.

I can't speak to the more Blackstone style griddles with the 3-4 burners that look more like a traditional grill.

Back