THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrillFather

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Matt
So I finally broke down and got a MC BX50 smoker with stainless steel interior. I also purchased a DigiQ DX3 with pit bull fan. I had a party of 50 who wanted brisket, pork butt and (my specialty) ribs.

I am used to smoking on a Traeger and Masterbuilt electric smoker but want to up my game.

I can say that I’ve never been happier and never had such positive feedback. The one lady was from TX and said she’s never had ribs that good in TX before. She even called her mom to tell her how good they were and her mom asked if I could Fly some down to her haha. This was my first cook on a box smoker. I had my fair share of issues but once I got temps dialed in it was the amazing.

I put 3 briskets over hickory on at 2300 hours the night prior and slept on a swing the whole night to make sure temps stayed constant and smoke didn’t get too crazy. Smoked for 11 hours with a tin foil wrap at 160. Then there in a cooler for 2 hours. HOLY AMAZING!!! The brisket was so tender and people were eating as fast as I could cut. I couldn’t even get a pic of the briskets because everyone was taking it off the knife. I got a pic of them wrapped on smoker and a pic of the pork butt. I also had a lady ask if I could cater her daughters wedding next year. She said she’d pay me in advance :clap2:

Sorry for the sideways pics not sure how to turn them.

Attachments

• 01408596-1046-45DA-9B3F-A08D8E92EDFF.jpg
    01408596-1046-45DA-9B3F-A08D8E92EDFF.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 68A9EDCD-A6E7-4FFB-AFAA-CF9FFA9F3DBD.jpg
    68A9EDCD-A6E7-4FFB-AFAA-CF9FFA9F3DBD.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 288
Congrats on the new smoker and on the successful cook. There is nothing more satisfying after a long cook than the comments you received. Nice job!!

Sounds like you had an awesome day! You are going to get real busy.
391863bd7c1e314ba5a99a1bce8fe013.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice cooker and food looks fantastic. I saw the stainless steel BX50 at Meadow Creek's store and it is larger than it looks and appears very well built. Would certainly consider if I eventually consider an insulated cabinet!

Congrats on the new the cooker. I love my bx50! Its a beast. I wish I would have got the SS interior!

Back