THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jsperk

Babbling Farker
I put a butt on the big Joe at 8:15. I woke up a little later then I wanted. I followed Admas and Cowgirls post, rubbed with bacon grease and hit with some BGE dizzy gourmet.

Butts is on at 288. Hoping to have done around 4:30/5:00to watch my Steelers get crushed by the Pats. I hate unattended cooks but I have my tappeqcue hooked up and leaving the house around 10:20 and be home around 1:00 or 2:00

Also for any pellet guys I saw these pellets at Walmart for $11.92 for a 20 pound bag. Seemed like a good deal to me but I don't buy pellets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pellet info, I'm going try them for cold smoking in my A-Maze-N pellet smoker if we have them at our store.

I think I'll pick a bag for A-maze-n smoker for that price. I was paying $7 for a two pound bag. I don't go through a lot but for that price I can't pass up.

Those pellets from Walmart look like B&B the same ones academy sells. From everything I read they are BBQ'rs delight rebranded pellets. I run those in my grill and love them. Burn a little cooler than traeger but more consistent size and less ash.

Back