Building a brick smoker

No totally sure about this but I've found that my Stump's will drip black soot(?) on my meat if it is directly under the exhaust stack that's on the top. So I have to put a small aluminum pan on the top shelf to catch the 'drips'.

I noticed that your stack is on the top also. Would a side exhaust stack help to reduce that problem? I would think directly opposite the firebox would be the way to go. Just a thought.

Russ

Hate to drum up this old post but did you ever end up building it? I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I'm going to be buying a new house and want to build a dual chamber smoker (offset?)

Thanks!

Yep!
20160521_152157_zpsh306ebxz.jpg

I don't think you will have any problems with the temperature. I've been running with an offset cinderblock configuration for a couple months now. You need to give yourself some more time on the front end to get up to temp. But I've had it up to the ~450-500 range. (you have to wait a sh*t long time for temp to come back down too).

commodore.jpg

Love the commodore! Doesn't look too hard to build but I have a hard enough time with legos lol. Did you design that yourself? If so is there anyway to share the dimensions and such pretty please! How much money do you think you put in to the commodore..

Very cool though and I have had something like that in the back of my mind for a few yrs now.. Just need to get the house bought first this summer.

Love the commodore! Doesn't look too hard to build but I have a hard enough time with legos lol. Did you design that yourself? If so is there anyway to share the dimensions and such pretty please! How much money do you think you put in to the commodore..

Very cool though and I have had something like that in the back of my mind for a few yrs now.. Just need to get the house bought first this summer.

I've been meaning to put together a post for this build. I should get off my butt and do so.

Back