Brisket, on the bone (pr0n)

I LOVE THE IDEA OF A BONE IN BRISKET!! I love your entry, what a lot of deliciousness!

Last year I was lucky enough to get a custom butchered Tamworth pig and they gave me the loin with the bone casing, was a very long triangular tube and it was an amazing cook. Now I must get myself a bone in brisket! :whoo: My relationship with the butcher on the farm around the corner is blossoming, I am sure I can get one from him in the future. Thanks for showing it as a possibility, Buccs, I owe you. And I have to ask myself, after cooking that bone-in pork loin, why didn't I come up with this bone-in brisket idea, too? :tsk:

Now I'm wondering if bone in brisket is a way I can finally get to smoke elk or deer with enough fat to stay juicy. What do you think about this idea, Buccs?

In Canada it is really difficult to get the American version of brisket as well, I've spent a long time chasing it. I have to get mine custom butchered, it's the only way in this region. The closest city to me is Guelph, population 120K, so not a large enough Jewish community to try that angle. Next time I go to Toronto I'll hit at least one of the Jewish areas to see what they have readily available.

Back