Brisket and Ribs stone age style

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Decided to have a little Memorial Day get together today which means I get to fire up offset. As I was trimming brisket last night I got to thinking I have been smoking meat for 8 years both backyard style and professionally in comps and I have ALWAYS used some sort of device to monitor pit and meat temp. NOT today. Decoded to go straight wood fire and smoke. No fancy pit electronics monitoring pit or food temps. No hand held thermapen telling me I am at 202*. Just going to use eyes and touch to gauge cook. No foil or butcher wrap.

I do have tel tru on door so I guess that is a little bit of technology but im excited about doing everything else naturally for first time

Ill post food pic later

b5e984703f50dbb815c362ecdc76e40d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the party grew from 8 to 25 so added a few more racks baby backs and two whole chickens. Didnt get pic of smoker loaded but was surprised how good brisket turned out for being choice. Robs had great bark and chicken super moist with creole butter injection. S&P on brisket, meat church honey rub on ribs, meat church holy cow on chicken

281dcc89f13e00316cae8249696d8b74.jpg

50acfa698ba882f7cd994d801f7154b9.jpg

I will say that not using pit probes made me relax a lot more. Is fire going? Yep. Is smoke clean? Yep. Ok drink a beer. A lot leas stress and just let it roll. Will be going this route from now on. Will use thermapen but without it really required you to go by feel and color of meat for doness

Back