Brisket A-Z

" Good morning, Mr. And Mrs. America , and all the ships at sea. We are pleased to bring you this special bulletin from deepinahearta Texas, Mr. BluDawg's brisket, has been placed on the smoker. We are anxiously awaiting updates, and will be following this grand event as it happens".

BluDawg's brisket posts, inspired me to do my own, since I'm on a stay cation this week, I need to do another. Thanks again Blu!

You sure it was worchestershire sauce? That label says to marinade in liquid smoke...

Yea, I saw that... I really hope no one follows those directions... That would be just an awful way to ruin a brisket. :sick:

Bludawg: Would you rank the thickness of the flat at the end more important than overall floppiness of the packer?

Really appreciate this - I've been buying trimmed and didn't know the savings is so significant. Can't wait to see the rest of your post.

Ya'll know How much I harp on if the pit is lit you need to be in attendance?? Well Boys & girls I came in to up load some picks to up date the thread and in just a few min I had a raging pit fire in Beuhla. Dang near a 2 alarm! Fire is out and the Reflash watch is set Fireman Dawg saved the Brisket from certain death however there was a little damage the it is recuperating on the OTS for the duration.

I just love the smell of post oak & Mesquite in the morning
DSCF0170.jpg

Lets Cook
DSCF0172.jpg

1st hr
DSCF0171.jpg

Third hr
DSCF0173.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
So, raging pit fire is an important step! I thought that was just MY patented step!!! :wink:

i think with him it might be one of those technical things.....to set the bark or something.......not sure....from the Left Coast here........:roll:

You know what they say about Lemons

The Dawg is determined
DSCF0174.jpg

and will not be denied what he demands
DSCF0175.jpg

on the way to prefection
DSCF0176.jpg

I gave Behula a quick cleaning and got her back to temp just in time to receive the hot wrapped meat drippin with love. :tongue:

You offer'n to buy me one SmittyJonz? I'll dang sue use it:wink: Brisket is off and Chillin on the countetop

No pics of the method you use for resting your brisket? Some may doubt that you don't wrap in foil to rest in a cooler with towels.

Did I miss something? Did you do the whole cook unwrapped and roughly what temp did it come off, and when it came off is that when you wrapped it. Then at what temp do you cut it up.

Back