Brine

I use to wet brine turkeys. I still wet brine chicken thighs using a recipe from thirdeye- check his blog- I use the lite brine using 1/2 the kosher salt. i also add a bay leaf, a little old bay seasoning and when the water is finished boiling some honey. I make it the night before so it is ice cold when I put in the chicken. I like Harvest Brine for a dry brine. I really like brining the thighs. It makes them juicy and it makes it hard to mess up

I dry brine. Was a semi skeptic until I dry brined this years turkey. Games changer. Super moist and perfect skin. Chicken should me phenomenal dry brined. Just spatchcock, sprinkle some salt on the chicken, elevate or place a rack underneath to get airflow arount it in the fridge.

xeR4WDGl.jpg

LfAQFO5l.jpg

I'd do one of each and see how they turned out. I dry brine meats a lot, but usually wet brine chicken. I don't know how well the salt penetrates the skin into the meat on a dry.

+1 for dry brine with spatchcock chicken. When I cook these I put them skin side down on the grill for the entire cook as well.

Back