THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Although new to this site, I've been grilling/smoking meats for 35+ years, yet I learn something new each time I log in.

I also don't post pictures, as I just put some of them in my album now and then.

The big winner in my neighborhood is the smoked fatty. My wife loves to create new ways to stuff these fatties and is also going to try stuffing hamburger chubs.

Now, I always make room for a couple fatties ....Thank you all!

I find this interesting---

It seems that someone(s) posts about a cook for a specific meat, a cooking process, a supplier, or such that has not been discussed much in the recent past.

Then, multiple threads show up based on the same concept.

For example, the current "hot topic" is beef ribs.
Recent ones were about premium meat suppliers, the Blackstone Grills, and many other topics.

I think that the original threads are "inspiring" others to "go where they have not gone before". 8)

Strength of the Brethren right here, IMMO.

TIM

I agree wholeheartedly with you about this.
Always find inspiration here, and frequently from you, Kapn.
Seeing the listing for the Yoder Ys640 in your signature line helped push me over the edge to order one.
Thanks

I've noticed the trend as well Wish I could get good beef ribs ya'll are torturing me:sad:

Me too! I don't get why I live in the middle of at least 1,000,000 head of cattle fed in a 100 mile radius and I can't find a rib with any meat on it.

I can order them from Sam's. :loco:

I'm inspired, I just cant find the materials.

The Brethren is such a diverse bunch that you can only learn here, if you don't then you're really not reading or you're not adventurous at all.

This forum has improved my cooking as well as inspired me to try new things and techniques

Thanks to all for adding inches to my waist line.LOL

The forum has opened me to a new world of Cooking.
Different cuts and styles from all over.
Its also allowed me to stack on the weight:shock:

You are absolutely right on. I have never heard of a blackstone griddle before this forum. Now I am purchasing one.

It has taken a few years, but maybe now Gore will be recognized as the trailblazer that he is

http://www.qvc.com/T-Fal-Opti-Grill-with-Ceramic-Plates-&-Recipe-Book.product.K42781.html?sc=K42781-&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-K42781&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/81/k42781.001?$uslarge$

TSV_ppl_2014.jpg

k42781.001

I just learned what a Kettle really was and been using one for years.

I wouldn't trade my years on this forum and the knowledge I've gained for nothing. Being part of the Brethren, I am more than willing to share any of it.

You can't get Beef ribs where you're at Bludawg? Do you want me to bring a case of Angus Chuck Short Ribs in a cooler up to the Texas Brethren Bash for you (not to cook over there of course, but for your personal use)?

I don't mind picking a case up from RD before I go.

They come 4 slabs of 3 huge bones each per cryo, and there are 4 cryos per case. So 16 slabs, typically comes out to be about $400-$450. If you want, I can bring a case and you and a few other brethrens can split the case?

A6560666-23DF-4958-B42E-E445F7EF97B8.jpg

95f6c0bfa31d2ecfb4e0a63b23c70b85.jpg

I've noticed the trend as well Wish I could get good beef ribs ya'll are torturing me:sad:

Last edited:
Totally inspired by all of you. I have raised my game since I started hanging out here. Some of it is being exposed to cuts of meat from other areas and cultures. A month ago I had never seen a beef short rib in person. After seeing pictures I was able to source them local. Now I wake up dreaming of beef ribs. Those things are amazing. Just like some poor folks don't have tri tip available to them in their areas.
After years of the standard ribs, butt, and brisket, it is great to stretch your skills and your imagination. Thanks everyone for the continued inspiration!!

Back