THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rovster

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Daniel
Got my new Orange garbage can a couple weeks ago and today it did some work. Wife went out and again kiddos wanted ribbies. To my dismay they wanted baby backs (I prefer spares) but I had to oblige. 3 racks total because leftovers rule. 2 racks got AP and Killer Hogs and one got AP and Honey BBQ. Hung for about 1.5 hrs, wrapped with a little sauce and butter and took them until tender. Foil boats and a little sauce to glaze for finish.

Got these on sale at local grocer...
q1oc1FAh.jpg

Membrane removed, trimmed and rubbed down as smoker came up to temp...
K27pMTQh.jpg

Ready to put on, meat sweat in full effect...
AveEvDdh.jpg

After 30 min...
XQPvg9Yh.jpg

Can’t enjoy some bbq without some tasty libations...
FciRDmgh.jpg

Ready to wrap...
bc2ACNth.jpg

RH9W09nh.jpg

Foil boats and glaze...
7y6A2F6h.jpg

Finished product...
mfchel8h.jpg

And as promised....did my first fatties! Holy crap are they delicious!
Fatty #1 JD sage with Oackridge secret weapon rub...
Fatty #2 JD maple with killer hogs bbq rub...

QkfNeOZh.jpg

1n5E2DOh.jpg

eJwBQhah.jpg

Everything was awesome. Used Cherry chunks for first time was very mild but could still taste smoke. Can’t wait for more cooks on the drum temps were rock solid at 250 the whole time. Thanks for looking!

Nice looking grub and nice looking rig. You'll love that drum. I call mine the "meth barrel" because people love what comes out of it.

Very nice!
Going to do another batch of ribs soon on the Tejas offset.
Was in my local grocer and found a bunch of rolls of sausage meat for 2 bucks a tube! Canadian! That is like free in USD!
Anyway going to throw them on during the cook and see what happens.

Nice color on that cooker. Congrats on the new toy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nicely done, congrats on the Hunsaker...really good cookers! I like the libations as well :thumb:

Thanks I’m loving it so far. Super easy to run! Firing it up later again. More libations to follow let’s see what I’m in the mood for today:grin:

Kiddos had some today for lunch! Used some of the fatty to make a cornbread dressing for the bird I’m smoking today. Lots of pron coming:-D

Back