Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Brasstown Valley's BBQ Throwdown - Young Harris, GA

J&B'sBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
It seems to have been mighty quiet on the home front here in the competition section, so I figured I'd see about getting the ball rolling on this one...

We have decided to lay low on this one because 1) munchkin has a bday party, and 2) we want to get some practice in on our new smoker before we get back at it this year. We are very jealous of everyone who is getting ready though!

Who's going to be in Young Harris this weekend?

There are a full 36 teams for the Brasstown BBQ Throwdown with more wanting to get in. Looks like a great kick off for the 2015 GBC season! Of course I will be there along with the rest of the GBC Board and most of the contest organizers.

Be sure and stop by the hospitality cabin where there is usually a good party going until about midnight or just hang out in the lodge by the big hearth - my favorite spot on GBC weekend.

Last team list I saw looked like this:

B.S. Pitmeisters - SC
Soggy Bottom Smokers - TN
Primo Oval Rulers - GA
Chattahoochee Que - GA
Georgia Boys - GA
Smoke on This - TN
Tiekilew BBQ - GA
Smoke Me Silly - AL
Killer B's - GA
Mr. Gootimes - SC
4K's - GA
Smoking Butt Heads - SC
Warren Co. Pork Choppers - KY
County Line Que - SC
Under the Radar - TN
St. Louis Pit Que - SC
Pirates of Porkscents - NC
Nacho Libre - GA
Rollin Smoke - GA
Divine Swine & Bovine - GA
Moyers Competition BBQ - GA
Philly Blind Pig - PA
Penalty Box BBQ - PA
Rub Won Out - TN
Uncultured Swine - TN
Tenacious Q - GA
South Pork - AL
Jarvis Bros - GA
Hickory Prime - GA
Beer B Que - NJ
Men at Pork - GA
Parrot Head Smokers - SD
Que'n Stew'n & Brew'n - GA
House of Que - AL

Last edited:
I'm going up on Friday to hang out and deliver products. Unfortunately we aren't going to make it to the banquet because we have plans all day Saturday.

Wife and I are coming to help the REPs do whatever they need help with. ALSO, to just hang out with good friends and enjoy some great meals! Coming in on Friday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.

I plan to try to get around and see brethren and friends too!!!

For the folks who are coming to Brasstown for the GBC weekend, the event schedule has been posted here: http://georgiabbqchampionship.com/docs/GBC_2014_Season_Banquet_Schedule.pdf

The resort is fully booked, but some banquet tickets are still available if you'd like to come up for the day to join us. I just reviewed the menu and it's going to be awesome. For those of you who have only attended the KCBS banquet, you're in for a real treat at the GBC event. First class eats, all the way!

Back