THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jhwhite

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jody
A week ago I bought a brisket flat from Costco. I was going to smoke it on Monday or Tuesday, but it got pushed to the back on a lower shelf and I forgot it was there. Also in my defense I was on vacation last week and was trying to shut down mentally as much as possible.

I remembered it yesterday and the sell by date is 3/02. It's still in the cryovac and has been in a fridge around 37 degrees.

Is it still "good"?

To know for sure you would need to know the pack date. Sometimes that is on the Costco label. More than likely it is fine.

I buy them a lot and let them wet age in the fridge for a few weeks.You are fine.It will be better than your original plan.

Open the cryovac and wipe the "purge juices" off of the meat. If it still smells bad then toss it out, but odds are that you're good to go.

Back