THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Updates:

Dinner will be provided by Goal Post Pizza

Keg Beer will be Molson Canadian (No cheap stuff here)

Breakfast will be provided by The World Famous Tony's I-75 Restaurant. Of course there will be BACON!!

The Best Western Hotel, (basically across the street from the new location) is offering a 15% discount to anyone who needs a room, just mention you are part of Blues,Brews and BBQ and you will get a 15% discount on your room. More hotels are sure to follow...

We currently have 18 teams signed up...

Would love to see some of our friends from Ohio come on up and join us. We promise there wont be too much Maize and Blue!!

Pretty sure Im going to be signing up for this event. It will be my first sanctioned competition and really look forward to it! Im new to the forums and new to the hobby but have always cooked and grilled and this year picked up smoking and true bbq. Im HUGE into hobbies and naturally competitive so I figured this event is within an hr of me and would be the perfect opportunity to dive into the comp scene. Look forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts and cookin up some q!

-Ben

What is your team name Ben ??

Pigxel Perfect Bbq. Cheesey name but aren't they all!! Haha I'm a cg artist by day foody by night. Hoping to sign up this week. Do I need to get a kcbs membership as well?

Btw bubba lockharts is 1 min from my house and my goto brisket stop usually once a week.

Pigxel Perfect Bbq. Cheesey name but aren't they all!! Haha I'm a cg artist by day foody by night. Hoping to sign up this week. Do I need to get a kcbs membership as well?

Btw bubba lockharts is 1 min from my house and my goto brisket stop usually once a week.

You do not have to be a KCBS member...

I am sorry you know Bubba :mrgreen::mrgreen: J/K we love Bubba, I wish he would come out and join us in Birch Run...

I look forward to meeting you Ben!!

Ben,
You picked a great contest for your first venture into comp cooking, the organizers try to make it very cook friendly and several of the teams will be helpful should you need it.

Awesome I cant wait! I have some things I need to work out (lookin at getting a second pit for comp) just want to make sure Ill get a good amount of use for the $$ I'm lookin at spending... This Birch Run event is really reasonable as far as distance goes, are there many more competitions within the 1-2 hour range from metro Detroit? I saw a list on GLBA's site but not necessarily dates and exact locations.

I look forward to meeting and learning from you guys at the event!

Awesome I cant wait! I have some things I need to work out (lookin at getting a second pit for comp) just want to make sure Ill get a good amount of use for the $$ I'm lookin at spending... This Birch Run event is really reasonable as far as distance goes, are there many more competitions within the 1-2 hour range from metro Detroit? I saw a list on GLBA's site but not necessarily dates and exact locations.

I look forward to meeting and learning from you guys at the event!

Hey Ben,

1-2 hours from Metro Detroit not really other than Birch Run and Auburn Hills in June. Unless Grand Rapids is within 2 hours... The other comps are Grand Rapids, Newyago, and Silver Lake all on the West side of the state... I am not aware of any comps in Northern Ohio either...

With Ben's entry that will make 26!! Got a few commits over the weekend, looks like we will be a qualifier!! Plenty of room for more teams and some great perks come on out and join us!!

Back