THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OxInYourBox

Got Wood.
Forgot to start this last night-turkey/beer coma set in. :) Needed to replenish the pulled pork and homebrew supplies so decided to Smoke N Brew today.

Last night I got the butts rubbed (southern succor-forgot to get more yardbird :() and the major equipment moved with the plans of starting early and not having to wake the wife up. I added sealant to the GOSM to help with the leaks and wanted to try it out as well vs. smoking on ole faithful aka my weber kettle.

Rubbed/wrapped butts:
temporary_zps500ae68e.jpg

Equipment moved to the deck:
temporary_zps7f89ddce.jpg

Woke up at 6:30 am-bit too much frost on everything for me to start so laid back down to wake up at 8am when the sun would be thawing it all. 10am I wake up with a 60# Doberman pup on my legs, 80# pit mix on my chest, and a 80# staff terrier beside my head-no wonder I slept over.

Off to the races-smoker lit and butts in:
temporary_zpseae1d4bf.jpg

Filtering tap water and filling my brew kettle (for the homebrewers out there-going partial mash to refire my brain on brewing and for sake of time with smoking and honey do list as well):
temporary_zps1e12ee58.jpg

Boiling and LBS out of the GOSM:
temporary_zps1f121eea.jpg

Just added the first set of hops-brewing a Belgian style ale aka what inspired blue moon:
temporary_zps9d908209.jpg

Another round and a nice rolling boil:
temporary_zpsa9d33f8b.jpg

GOSM temps were dropping-time to shake the coals out. Took a quick pic with one hand while shaking the charcoal basket with the other-surprised it turned out:
temporary_zpsa3f217ba.jpg

Right now the first beer batch is cooling-I have 5 more plus some aphelwine if I want to go brew crazy-my plan is to at least get 3 batches done today (15G total). Probably a Celebration Ale clone and a double IPA to let sit for a while. Tomorrow or Sunday I'll toss a spatchcock chicken on the weber and brew up some pale ales and a lager but I digress.

Oh here's my serving area for the beer:
IMG_6052Large.jpg

More pics coming later-off to smoke a cigar and have a cold pint. :)

Sir, your day is admirable! Butts looking good, and sounds like some good pints on the way. Don't forget to share that spatchcock chicken as well!

Nice cook and brew, I love the Keezer too, I keep telling myself I am going to start kegging my homebrew and build a keezer but haven't yet.

Back