Black Friday Smoke N Brew Pr0n

OxInYourBox

Got Wood.
Forgot to start this last night-turkey/beer coma set in. :) Needed to replenish the pulled pork and homebrew supplies so decided to Smoke N Brew today.

Last night I got the butts rubbed (southern succor-forgot to get more yardbird :() and the major equipment moved with the plans of starting early and not having to wake the wife up. I added sealant to the GOSM to help with the leaks and wanted to try it out as well vs. smoking on ole faithful aka my weber kettle.

Rubbed/wrapped butts:
temporary_zps500ae68e.jpg

Equipment moved to the deck:
temporary_zps7f89ddce.jpg

Woke up at 6:30 am-bit too much frost on everything for me to start so laid back down to wake up at 8am when the sun would be thawing it all. 10am I wake up with a 60# Doberman pup on my legs, 80# pit mix on my chest, and a 80# staff terrier beside my head-no wonder I slept over.

Off to the races-smoker lit and butts in:
temporary_zpseae1d4bf.jpg

Filtering tap water and filling my brew kettle (for the homebrewers out there-going partial mash to refire my brain on brewing and for sake of time with smoking and honey do list as well):
temporary_zps1e12ee58.jpg

Boiling and LBS out of the GOSM:
temporary_zps1f121eea.jpg

Just added the first set of hops-brewing a Belgian style ale aka what inspired blue moon:
temporary_zps9d908209.jpg

Another round and a nice rolling boil:
temporary_zpsa9d33f8b.jpg

GOSM temps were dropping-time to shake the coals out. Took a quick pic with one hand while shaking the charcoal basket with the other-surprised it turned out:
temporary_zpsa3f217ba.jpg

Right now the first beer batch is cooling-I have 5 more plus some aphelwine if I want to go brew crazy-my plan is to at least get 3 batches done today (15G total). Probably a Celebration Ale clone and a double IPA to let sit for a while. Tomorrow or Sunday I'll toss a spatchcock chicken on the weber and brew up some pale ales and a lager but I digress.

Oh here's my serving area for the beer:
IMG_6052Large.jpg

More pics coming later-off to smoke a cigar and have a cold pint. :)

Sir, your day is admirable! Butts looking good, and sounds like some good pints on the way. Don't forget to share that spatchcock chicken as well!

Butts about to come off-definitely a fan of 275 vs. 235 temps. Midway through my 3rd 5G batch of beer. More pics once I get some.

Nice cook and brew, I love the Keezer too, I keep telling myself I am going to start kegging my homebrew and build a keezer but haven't yet.

Back