Birthday/End of Summer Cook Out

aawa

Babbling Farker
So my bday was August 31st, and my gf wanted to have a cookout to celebrate. I opted to go with the weekend after since I had to work the weekend before.

First things first though. My gf is amazing and made this badass endgrain cutting board from scratch. It is about 2 inches thick, 20inches long and 13inches wide made of red and white maple. I got it Monday morning before work and have been showing the picture of it to everybody, and I got to show it off Saturday!
lT20jJL.jpg

So for the celebration, I naturally had to invite 30 of my closest friends. We wanted leftovers so we did 2 briskets, 3 picnics, 2 butts. The pork cooked on my trusty UDS, and the briskets on the 18.5in WSM. It was windy at 6:30AM in the backyard, so I setup in the front yard to hep block the wind and also had to setup a wind block with a 6 foot folding table.
dnFzEaR.jpg

gWMXOI9.jpg

I cheated with the drum and put my Pitmaster IQ110 on it, but the WSM (I got it for under $100 and it is a model that doesn't have a dome thermo on it. So I used my ET-732 to monitor the temps. Both held 325 for the entire cook. I used KBB w/ a mixture of Pecan and Cherry chunks.

I went and threw the fatty on, but also checked the meats. The brisket is a 50/50 by weight of Butchers Ground Pepper and Kosher Salt. The Pork got a health dose of Sublime Smoke's Signature Rub that my gf came up with (It got us a 6th place call at the VA BBQ Championships a few weeks ago!)
ND7jbPo.jpg

sVUE2qX.jpg

z4zb2YU.jpg

Our dog supervising from the front stoop. He was really waiting to see if I dropped any meat.
52Hz1fl.jpg

Went and pulled the fatty off after a couple of hours for snacking on throughout the day. One of the farmers market makes their own breakfast sausage in house and it cost .99/lb. It is nice and spicy and makes a great fatty!
ddHd19r.jpg

About 4 hours in and the briskets and butts were ready to wrap. The color on them was a little bit darker than I wanted, but the was waiting for the bark to set. I only got pictures of 1 brisket because I wanted to get the wrapping done.
FVHLEmi.jpg

During hte cook we had to do some cleaning and setup, so not a lot of pictures. All the meat was off before the 7 hour mark came by. I loaded them up into my cambro and let them rest for 3+ hours, while we finished setting up and waiting on the guests to arrive at 4pm, food to be served at 6PM.

Here are some slices of the briskets and a picture of my gf and I pulling the pork. We didn't get any pictures of the spread because we were just enjoying ourselves too much to remember to snap any pictures of the table.
BmO2EL7.jpg

72RRZ9q.jpg

0KaWbRC.jpg

And a picture my little sister took of the flat I wish she got some pictures of the point meat.
lI38INf.jpg

Btw this butchers black is sweet. It help a brisket on it without any issues and it looks fantastic. I got a lot of compliments from friends when I pulled it out to slice the meat on it.

Happy birthday and that looks like some good eats with some good friends.

Thanks Ren, you give me far too much credit. It was certainly a great day and a great end to your birthday week.

I'll have the four pieces of brisket closest to me. I especially love the end piece. It all looks awesome. :grin:

Happy day Ren :thumb:

Looks like you knocked that brisket outta the park!

And the cutting board is really cool

Happy birthday! That brisket is MONEY!
They 2 briskets turned out great. It disappeared with a quickness. Thank god we had a lot of pulled pork for leftovers!

I'll have the four pieces of brisket closest to me. I especially love the end piece. It all looks awesome. :grin:
The end pieces are the best. I hand those out as treats to the people that are help me while I'm slicing.

Happy day Ren :thumb:

Looks like you knocked that brisket outta the park!

And the cutting board is really cool
This butchers block is amazing. Without a doubt the most thoughtful gift I had received for my bday. It took Andrea and her friend a month to make it!

Happy Birthday! All looks fantastic! :thumb:
Thanks!

Thanks Ren, you give me far too much credit. It was certainly a great day and a great end to your birthday week.
You out did yourself and deserve all the praise and then some. You are awesome.

Happy Bday!! That cutting board is awesome! The brisket was ridiculous! And I love the fact that you cook for your friends to celebrate your Bday. I do the same thing and it trips people out. They just don't understand it.

Awesome looking feed and a brilliant looking board, happy belated mate, wish I had of been there to attack that meat.

Happy Bday!! That cutting board is awesome! The brisket was ridiculous! And I love the fact that you cook for your friends to celebrate your Bday. I do the same thing and it trips people out. They just don't understand it.
My friends have gotten used to me celebrating by cooking lol. I think they would look at me wierd if I didn't cook for my celebrations!

Butcher block is cool as hell and food is off the charts. Happy Birthday :clap:

Agreed 100% :thumb:
100% on the butchers block. This thing is going to get a lot of use.

That brisket looks great! So does the cutting board!
Thanks. The block is the best part of it all.

Back