BigMista's SoCal Send Off Bash Saturday 8/4

Anyway, silverfinger, Marty Leach and SirPorkaLot have had unforeseen conflicts arise and will not be making it, but SmokinJohn & his bride have confirmed they'll be there, which is fantastic.

Sorry to hear that they can't be here. Hope everything's okay with them.

Looking forward to seeing John and Ray's wife again!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm happy to say we will be there for sure :-D I'm not sure what to bring but Stephanie did mention tater salad, looking forward to seein all yall Saturday

Fantastic! Super stoked y'all are gonna make it!

If it's that tater salad I'm thinking of from the last Bash, then :whoo:, and even if it's not - still :whoo: I love me some tater salad!

We could probably use another protein, Tom, in case the goat turns out baaaa-d.

^^^the stomach thickens....:hungry:

so a rough count of definites right now is about 11 or 12 - that would be the minimum. We got a couple folks who are still on the bubble, and I'll be hollering at a couple friends as well. It could be in the 15 or so range. I'll keep updating as things develop.

Moose - I should have mentioned this earlier, but by all means extend an invite to team Major if you haven't already.

My wife and brother Richard be rolling in about 2:30-3:30 range to eat some fine BBQ Brethren grinds. Dessert will be homemade pecan & macadamia shortbread cookies, my wife's specialty! Wonderful event about to take place!

^^^the stomach thickens....:hungry:

so a rough count of definites right now is about 11 or 12 - that would be the minimum. We got a couple folks who are still on the bubble, and I'll be hollering at a couple friends as well. It could be in the 15 or so range. I'll keep updating as things develop.

Moose - I should have mentioned this earlier, but by all means extend an invite to team Major if you haven't already.

Yep, I'll let Major and Karen know for sure. And thanks for the head count update - that always helps! :thumb:

• Thanks
Scurrying around making sure that everything's ready (note to self: chop some pecans) for tomorrow's trip to the West Coast. Bringing an assortment of Texas sausage plus some Conecuh from Alabama. Hope these will work for y'all.

Attachments

• 4JmOPFj.jpg
    4JmOPFj.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 59
  • G642jka.jpg
    G642jka.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 59
^^^ yup – in fact I was just there buying masa and chorizo and I saw they had a bunch of picanha.

Thanks Greg, I'll swing by there and pick some up. I took the ribs out of the freezer so bringing them too. Will you have a kettle/rotisserie available for me to use? I can bring my rotisserie but the performer does not travel so well. I left my old 22 in Big Bear at my mothers.

• Thanks
We gotcha covered! Got the Weber rotis rig, plus other rotis options as well.

I was gonna offer to slide by and snag the picanhas - and I can - but I figured you might wanna have a look around that place - they have some good stuff there. The chilis and spice rack is pretty farking cool, and they have all different kinds of chorizo. They make their own Mexican chorizo on site and it's really good. Seems like they carry everything Goya makes as well. Great spot!

Back