Best wood for ribs???

Kriss

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Whats up guys, youall are great at giving the beat advice around, what is your the beat type of wood for ribs??

I currently have almod wood and can get cherry.

Please give me your opinion

Thanks

It comes down to individual tastes and personal preference. With that said, i like oak and pecan for just about everything. I like apple and cherry too. However if i could only use one wood for some reason, oak would be my pick. It works wonders on most things.

I mix it up to keep variety going but hickory is my favorite. I have never used any wood that I just did not like as long as the smoke is clean.

Competition Blend ( 1 medium size) and 1 small Cherry will do it every cook - with Mojobricks that is. mojobricks.com

It's all a matter of taste. I like Hickory. Given the options you listed I would use cherry

I agree, use what you like in terms of smoke flavor. Mesquite and Hickory will give a heavier smoke flavor, but not overbearing, while fruit woods and pecan will give a lighter smoke flavor.

I don't wrap my ribs so fruit woods like peach, pear, plum, apple, and cherry are my favorites.

Whats up guys, youall are great at giving the beat advice around, what is your the beat type of wood for ribs??

I currently have almod wood and can get cherry.

Please give me your opinion

Thanks

I've cooked ribs with several different woods and have found if the wood is properly cured and a clean fire is maintained throughout the cook that I would have a hard time identifying which wood I used.

You're not too far from Tulare. There are lots of Pecan and Plum ranches there, and wood suppliers.

Plum is really nice on ribs, but my favorite is apricot. I use oak for heat and the fruit sticks for flavor. Try Orange too.

Have fun!

Being near the central valley, almond wood is plentiful. I just got another half cord and like the mild smoke flavor it brings to the party. I just used it on ribs in my RF stickburner and though they turned out great. As others have said, just make sure to keep your fire clean.

I am really partial to fruit woods on pork. I'd go Cherry for the cook, and then on your next cook try the almond. This is always an experiment on what you like.

Back