THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

smknhotmama

I had this over the weekend...I know I know...”If ya ain't got pictures it didn't happen”...But I didn't make it! But I will and soon and PROMISE PRON.
Geeze-Peeza it was excellent! The possibilities, over salad with black bean corn relish, in a pasta salad, beside a steak, as an appetizer.
I wanted to share what I beat out of the cook:

1/4 C olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp light brown sugar or honey
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Juice of 1 lime
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled

Whisk to combine all ingredients except the shrimp in a large bowl. Add shrimp, toss, let sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Skewer and grill to your liking.

If you try it let me know what you think!

Sounds delicous. I went last Saturday and got 100# of large/ex-large shrimp from a buddy of mine(swapped him a UDS i made) who is a commercial shrimper. Now i know what i'll try this weekend.:biggrin:

sounds like a great recipe - will try it soon and let ya know- thanks for sharing.:wink:

I know this is old, but I made this the other day and it was some of the best grilled shrimp I have had...

You rock for stealing this Shawn! :)

Can you leave out the olive oil if the shrimp is already covered in crude?

All joking aside, I'll have to make this for the wife. I can't stand seafood of any kind...

Back