THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy Uncle Jethro

Found some matches.
My fellow brethren,
I’m planning a bbq tour of KC in April. Looking for recommendations of “can’t miss/hidden gems” BBQ joints to try in KC. Here’s a list of places we’re considering: Oklahoma Joe’s, Danny Edwards Boulevard barbecue, plowboys, Char Bar, Jack Stack, Arthur Bryants, Q39, Slaps, Gates, Smoking Guns, Woodyard, LC’s, and BBs Lawnside. Any info/advice on these places would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to add any favorite I may have missed.
Thanks!

I’m not from KC but I have been to Q39. I was passing by there on business and a friend of mine took me there for lunch. It was really good and would recommend it. I sampled all their meats and had the chicken wings too as an appetizer.

From that list I would first hit up Joe's KC, Q39, Slaps, Plowboys, and Jack Stack. If time permits I would then hit up LC's, Woodyard, and Gates. The rest I personally would skip.

Slaps - my favorite in KC
Q39 - great food, usually packed so may want to call ahead or make a reservation
Joe's KC (formerly Oklahoma Joe's) - can't go wrong with a Z-man and fries
Char Bar - Great food and drink with an awesome patio with yard games
Jack Stack and Arthur Bryants (the original on Brooklyn) are two more I like. BB's Lawnside is pretty cool too, usually have live music in the evenings so there may be a cover but it is worth it.

From that list I would first hit up Joe's KC, Q39, Slaps, Plowboys, and Jack Stack. If time permits I would then hit up LC's, Woodyard, and Gates. The rest I personally would skip.

That ^

I would totally skip Danny Edwards. Its edible, but I sure don't recall it being worth making any effort to go there.

Back