Behind the scenes of the grand opening of the newest BBQ Brethren BBQ joint

that's the "tower" sandwich, we ran it as a special a few times and then put it on the menu starting a few weeks ago, it has been a huge hit. brisket-pulled pork- mac and cheese sauce-slaw-pickles-toasted bun

That sandwich looks amazing, but what hit me first was the bun. That doesn't look like any store bought bun I've seen...are you guys sourcing (or baking?) the buns locally?

I know that traditionally BBQ is served on cheap white bread buns, but man I love it when I go to ANY restaurant that doesn't just mail in the bread/buns. LOVE good bread and so hard to find a place that serves their sandwiches on quality!

That sandwich looks amazing, but what hit me first was the bun. That doesn't look like any store bought bun I've seen...are you guys sourcing (or baking?) the buns locally?

I know that traditionally BBQ is served on cheap white bread buns, but man I love it when I go to ANY restaurant that doesn't just mail in the bread/buns. LOVE good bread and so hard to find a place that serves their sandwiches on quality!

they are not made locally but are more $$ and harder to source than standard buns. We also toast all of our buns, to me it is worth the extra labor, a good toasted bun can make just about anything taste good, and when you fill it with quality BBQ it takes the sandwich to the next level.

I plan to run out there with my wife one weekend this spring. Will try to give you the heads up when we come.

Any chance the brewery serves a beer called Moose Drool? Can't find it in VA. The Commonwealth is a veritable beer desert, with joints like yours serving as the only exception where you can find stuff not available in other places.

Congrats on the success...looks like you have some very happy customers!

I plan to run out there with my wife one weekend this spring. Will try to give you the heads up when we come.

Any chance the brewery serves a beer called Moose Drool? Can't find it in VA. The Commonwealth is a veritable beer desert, with joints like yours serving as the only exception where you can find stuff not available in other places.

no moose drool but they are cranking out some quality beer, and have more variety on tap than any small brewhouse that I know of. I believe they are at about 10 beers on tap, some of which are small batch that they are experimenting with. I hope you can make it up this spring.

they are not made locally but are more $$ and harder to source than standard buns. We also toast all of our buns, to me it is worth the extra labor, a good toasted bun can make just about anything taste good, and when you fill it with quality BBQ it takes the sandwich to the next level.

Well it looks damned good, and props for not going for the cheap buns.

If I'm ever in the area I may have to stop in! Hitting BBQ spots is part of any good road trip!

Nice job!
I love the layout and the view of the brewing equipment.
We drive right though Woodstock on the way to SC to visit family. We will have to time things right to drop by!

Moose Drool is an awesome beer.

Looks great! Told my brother who lives about 1.5 hours away, its a must stop for him now.

Back