THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
I'd like to share how I'm doing this boneless beef roast today. We're starting out with a small 3 lb boneless English roast and it'll be a low/slow all day cook so it's ready for a late dinner.

First a little vegetable oil and seasoned with salt,pepper, garlic large grind rub...aka SPG. This will cook over a low fire the whole time with temps in the 225* to 300* range at the most. When the bark gets nice on both sides I'll slide a pan of water in adding vegetables in towards the end. It'll go nekked the whole time but the last third I might set it in the drippings and veggies.

I'm about 3 1/2 hours in now so it's time for some snacks. I had some leftover stuffing for bell peppers i did which is a really good mix...here's the thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3634375

Anyways I super stuffed some poblanos which have diced poblanos in already and laid on the cheddar cheese heavy and put those on with the beef roast.

So here's where we are so far!

Starting fuel just a little left over, hit it with a torch for 30 seconds @ 10:50 and cooking at 10:54

Only 2 hours in here!

3.5 hours in...peppers on for a short while

Last edited:
Looks great! I'm thinking some stuffed poblanos with pepper stout beef and some cheese might be the way to go tomorrow instead of nachos now!

omg that looks amazing. i was going to cobble together my own version of this cooker with a smaller drum i have - i think my wife talked me into getting a full 55 gallon & doing it right.

that's some nice looking grub there.

Almost done. This is what I really love about cooks like this.

1) Slow cook/smoke ....then switch to nuclear mode

2) combination of direct wood fire grilling, then indirect bath in its own juices

3) Great all wood fire smoke the whole time

4) Just being able to combine so many different methods into one cook and different foods.

I wish I could give you all a serving!!!

Just look at that fire now.. OMG :flame: I opened the intakes to get it going but they've been shut the last hour. The coal base is THICK!!!

Man! Those stuffed peppers look outrageous.
Ron that stuffing I saved was goooood in the poblanos. lol

Wow!
Everything looks delicious!
Appreciate it Enrico!

Peppers look great but that meat is taking on some nice color now! I like where this is going:hungry:
Thanks Joe...good color inside and out...very pleased!

Nothing wrong with any of that action! I could do some damage to that feast.
Thanks krex, Leaving all the seeds in the peppers might do me some damage! :shock:

Back