beef ribs and chicken quarters

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
temps have been in the 90's all week. Saturday was a scheduled pool day. nothing but floating, cooking and a few games of bags. the cooler was stocked with modelo and limes.

first off was the chuck ribs. seasoned with bovine bold and cooked on the barrel house (pit barrel knock off). that thing cooks like a texas microwave. 3 hours until probe tender :shocked:

kSp4BS6l.jpg

since they were done the first time I checked I wrapped bones up in foil with my beef sauce (bbq sauce, a-1,beef broth and foil drippings from a previous cook) and hold in the trusty turkey roaster. 30 minutes before dinner I tossed them back on the cooker in a foil boat (I've been boating since before it was cool) to reset the bark

DmpUSbul.jpg

beef ribs always seem to be smokier for me. while I am partial to brisket there is something to be said for presentation and wow factor. they are definitely more fun. the quick cook time doesn't hurt either

rRtr4Vul.jpg

on to the chicken. I recently pulled the 007 direct fire wood burning drum out of retirement. talk about a blast from the past! anyone still use one? the late Dave Fisk made a round of them for a few of us. makes great pizza and bread.....the best chicken you've ever had.

OEFKdGtl.jpg

slathered with mayo then rubbed with simply marvelous sweet seduction these quarters took about 45 minutes

LdDO5Qnl.jpg

just look at that color. crispy as fried skin. seriously, this is the best bbq chicken possible.

LM1Y5v0l.jpg

I cooked up some baked potatoes, which I didn't bother with and :becky: made her pasta salad. she has really gotten these side summer salads down.

Avqvv4yl.jpg

dinner was great. the company was better. time to get back in the pool.....I'm not even gonna wait thirty minutes before I do

Absolutely killer!

I'm still in search of a good barrel to build my own 007 (thanks to many of you) in the 505.

Good to see yours get the call...

Steve, I would say that you killed it on all of those cooks! You haven't missed a beat. Nicely done, brother.

Great day and great chicken. And beef ribs! And beer! And 007!

One of these days I’m gonna build one, always liked the concept and versatility.

Looks great. Approx what temp do you run for the chicken for that crispy skin?

I'm guessing between 350-400. not really sure, monitoring temps is not something I do often these days but that's what I remember from before. it's more to do with the raised but direct radiant heat.

Great day and great chicken. And beef ribs! And beer! And 007!

One of these days I’m gonna build one, always liked the concept and versatility.

do it! nothing compares. the results are truly unique to any other cooker I've ever used. It started as a rotisserie on a drum aka the bird barrel. the swing grate was fwismokers idea. I've seen others with a raised grate and a fuel access door.

Back