THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really like using beef ribs in this, they're so tender.

Gathered some ingredients..

FlBwixd.jpg

divided the beef ribs and seasoned with olive oil, coarse salt and cracked black pepper..

gwNw0K9.jpg

Placed them in the drum to catch some smoke and color...
16z9ov9.jpg

cut up the onions for the pot...

bel8dM3.jpg

started the cubed tatoes, garlic and carrots in beef stock..

3R7Ijvs.jpg

zjOUruT.jpg

added the smoked ribs and let them simmer til tender...

EHNl6ip.jpg

U1JeUqN.jpg

when the ribs were tender, I added the shredded cabbage, then the summer squash, cillantro, mexican oregano, salt, pepper, and corn..

2DQO3xW.jpg

reuVycQ.jpg

lsulsG4.jpg

4OxkiaG.jpg

erKeEcu.jpg

fYvoHY6.jpg

The rib meat is so tender...

95WvuSj.jpg

I gave my bowl a quick squeeze of lime juice and a shot of hot sauce and called er good.

eimWX7V.jpg

This is one of my favorite comfort meals. It's filling too! :-D

Thanks for looking!

Another out of this world cook! Nice work Jeanie!!!

Wow, your cooks always look amazing
You have a lucky family. If you ever want to adopt a middle aged fat man just let me know, I'll work for food....but it might be cheaper to just pay me [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cool and rainy here today Jeanie, that would definitely hit the spot, job well done.:thumb:

Looks like a great prelude to a snooze on the couch, Jeanie! I usually shy away from beef ribs cut like that, but I think I gotta be giving 'em a second look now - that really looks great!

Save those corncobs - ya never know! :shocked:

Thanks so much for the kind comments everyone! Hope you give this stuff a try. The beef ribs take on the smoke so well... it adds a lot to the dish. :grin:

Cowgirl - how long did you smoke the ribs before adding to cauldron of goodness? Does the fat render out before adding or is it part of the stew?
I smoke them for maybe 30 minutes. Just long enough to take on some smoke and color. The ribs are still raw when I put them into the pot. I let them simmer til tender and add beef stock when needed. This time I didn't need extra broth.
The onions aren't quite soft either..... They finish cooking in the pot.
Hope you have great luck with it! :grin:

Wow, your cooks always look amazing
You have a lucky family. If you ever want to adopt a middle aged fat man just let me know, I'll work for food....but it might be cheaper to just pay me [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:laugh: Made me laugh. Thanks Weldon!

Looks like a great prelude to a snooze on the couch, Jeanie! I usually shy away from beef ribs cut like that, but I think I gotta be giving 'em a second look now - that really looks great!

Save those corncobs - ya never know! :shocked:

:laugh: Thanks Greg! I should have thought to save those cobs. lol

Thanks everybody!

Well Jeanie, you knocked it out of the park again. That would be great right now as we are cold and rainy here. I noticed that Krogers had beef ribs on sale yesterday. Guess I had better stop and get some. Thanks for posting.
Tom

Twice on Sunday.

Thanks Adams! Put rocks in your pockets, the wind is whipping today! lol

Well Jeanie, you knocked it out of the park again. That would be great right now as we are cold and rainy here. I noticed that Krogers had beef ribs on sale yesterday. Guess I had better stop and get some. Thanks for posting.
Tom

Thank you Tom! Hope you give it a try! :grin:

Wow!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks Yoeri! :grin:

Another great meal and I bet no one is ever late to dinner at your casa

lol Thanks! :grin:

Simply OUTSTANDING

Thank you George! :grin:

Back