Beef Clod Gyros I hope, Ongoing (maybe)

It would be super cheap and easy to get a pair of stainless disks, or you could prob find some smallish 6-7" aluminum pizza pans and short section of stainless or aluminum 1.5" or so pipe and find someone to weld them together for you, then just drill/tap on side of each of the the pipes and put a set set screw on them.

Very nice to see a run on it before I ever do it, it isn't often that happens. I'll take your advice and adjust the temp (distance) accordingly. Thanks for doing this it looks fantastic and your camera work is excellent as well!

Hey Titch. Clod and Chuck are different terms over here too. Virtually never see clod advertised it would require turning up at a beef wholesaler with a cutting guide and pointing to the cut you want. Chuck is far easier to get. Where did you buy yours?

Hey Titch. Clod and Chuck are different terms over here too. Virtually never see clod advertised it would require turning up at a beef wholesaler with a cutting guide and pointing to the cut you want. Chuck is far easier to get. Where did you buy yours?

I got this from my local Cambodian butcher, soooooooo it could be anything
I get this cut from him a lot for mincing for savs etc.
Next time I go to flinders island meats I will try to have a work with them.

Thanks mate.
Gyros discs are very common here.
Holds meat in place and because they have no prongs just use the main skewer to hold the meat you can carve as its spinning.

https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/spit-rotisseries/spit-rotisserie-accessories/gyros-discs/

all differing sizes and thicknesses.
You may find them near a Greek Community over there? if you have one.
I believe we have the second biggest Greek Community in the World

Pretty EZ to make if you can weld. You don't have to be that good at it, even.
Did these for a hung al pastor cook using a flat skewer.

PICT1618_zps1ezmngij.jpg

You could drill a hole in the metal disc & use a spit bushing so it would work on a .... spit.

Back