Beef back Ribs on my drum smoker

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
Figured it was time to show some love to the Trail Embers Drum smoker. Since I bought a pellet pooper it has not got much use. I picked up a couple racks of nice looking beef back ribs from Kroger's a few weeks back and stuck them in the freezer. The wife said she wanted some ribs this weekend so I thought they would be perfect. Here they are getting happy with some kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and some garlic powder. Plan is to smoke them @ 225 to 250 for two hour's or until some pull back then wrap until probe tender. More pics later. The wife is making some of her excellent potato salad and I will probably put a small pot of baked beans in the smoker with the ribs later in the cook.

20210530_100202[1].jpg

Gonna be eatin good in the neighborhood tonite!

I would definitely say that you were the envy of the neighborhood, especially with everyone wondering where that amazing smell was coming from. I hope you polished them off before they could find out. Nice looking cook!

Thanks all, Beef back ribs are hard to find around here most of the time. The local Kroger has them occasionally. It is hard to beat the flavor of them if you cook them low and slow. I have done them in my drum cooker as well as the Pellet Pro and they are always good. I was concerned that they would be over smoked this time as the drum just did not want to settle down and it was really rolling smoke but they came out perfect.

Things were looking very good for you. Those were some good looking ribs. When I see them from Walmart they are very shiney

Back