BBQ On The Farm- Yardley, PA (6/6-8) KCBS

Beyond the contest was corn fields. I don't think they would appreciate us camping on their freshly planted corn field.

Looks like the Hampton Inn has no special rates this year and is close to being booked already that weekend; got a quote for $187 for the night,:eek:, (too rich for my blood) think I will mosey up the road a bit and check out Langhorne, about 10 minutes away.
maybe just crash in the car.

No special rate this year. Rooms were not available to block off due to a few weddings at the hotel this year. I put a hold on a room on case no other option was available.

think I will mosey up the road a bit and check out Langhorne,
This place isn't too far (10 minutes or so). Not sure what the rates are. There's a Sheraton right down the street from there to. They're both near Sesame Place and the Oxford Valley Mall. If I think of any more, I'll post them here.

This place isn't too far (10 minutes or so). Not sure what the rates are. There's a Sheraton right down the street from there to. They're both near Sesame Place and the Oxford Valley Mall. If I think of any more, I'll post them here.
Sheraton is $199 for the night. The comfort inn romm that i reserved was $209 for the night. Sheraton does have an indoor pool. Hmmmmmm can you say pool party?:wink:

Yeah, so far red roof looks to be the most reasonable but I do miss the Hampton special.
I'm still thinking of the Motel Buick Century LTD or pitch the ol' tent from Scouting days gone by.

Yeah, so far red roof looks to be the most reasonable but I do miss the Hampton special.
I'm still thinking of the Motel Buick Century LTD or pitch the ol' tent from Scouting days gone by.
If you want the free breakfast at the Hampton Inn we could always just sneak in, i hear they don't check IDs:rolleyes::biggrin:

I plan on being their at 8am friday just like last year. we had an open field to choice from. if anyone needs to have a spot held let me know. I'd be happy to help.

We sent our application and money in today. I was out voted by the rest of the Polocks. I guess I wasn't fighting too much. I just hope we don't get stuck in a mud pit again this year. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, who knows? Gonna enjoy myself anyway. I always do.

Kirk,

We are reconsidering BBQ on the Farm. There were things that bothered me but Michele told me to get over it, she wants to cook!

Guys, it just goes to show who really runs the Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team:-D:lol::lol::lol::biggrin::-D:wink:

Guys, it just goes to show who really runs the Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team:-D:lol::lol::lol::biggrin::-D:wink:
Ahhh behind a good man is usually a great woman. I can say that here cause Mrs Sledneck never reads the forum:biggrin: For those that reveal that i admitted that and tell her in person it will involve a broken leg:twisted:

Back on topic, i wish the days would go by faster. I will be showing up early friday morning to get a spot and then off to great adventure with the kids. If anybody else is interested in going give me a holler. Since its my birthday the wife booked friday and saturday night at the sheraton.

Well, I was thinking of coming or hitching a ride, buuuuuttttt I am on call that weekend. Damn, sucks owning your own business.

Got to be responsible.........SIGH!!!

The Sheraton has a Best Rate Guarantee (match +10%). I found the room at hotels.com for 189.00 then i filled he online form for the BRG and they approved it so i got the room for 170.10. Here the thing, if you book it online they make you pay for it upfront and you cannot cancel. If you call the front desk and tell them you received a confirmation from BRG of that rate they will book you and give you the price with the standard reservation no money till you get there and still have the option to cancel.

Back on topic, i wish the days would go by faster. I will be showing up early friday morning to get a spot and then off to great adventure with the kids. If anybody else is interested in going give me a holler. Since its my birthday the wife booked friday and saturday night at the sheraton.

I may be bringing the family too. Was looking at Sesame place, though.

hmmm maybe we'll join you...

Back