Contest Results Battle of the BBQ Brethren

It was evident that the one year layoff has left us a little rusty but this year our highlight came in the form of a little girl. As the spectators were making their rounds, a little girl and her mom stopped by to purchase a rib during the buck a bone on Saturday. While her mom was handing us the ticket, her little girl was standing there, hand in hand with her mom, kissing the piggies in our logo on our banner. After we handed over the rib, her mom picked her up and started to move away. The little girl started crying and pointed to our banner crying, "piggies". It gave us a chuckle and my wife quickly yelled to the mom to wait. With that, my wife rummaged through our stuff and picked out one of our team tee shirts still in the wrapper and brought it to the mom. The little girl immediately stopped crying and her eyes widened to the size of a baseballs, whenh suddenly a big smile appeared as she kissed the pigs on our logo on the tee shirt. The mom was about to say thank you when the little girl uttered, "luv piggies". All of our hearts melted and win, loose or draw it made our contest.

It was evident that the one year layoff has left us a little rusty but this year our highlight came in the form of a little girl. As the spectators were making their rounds, a little girl and her mom stopped by to purchase a rib during the buck a bone on Saturday. While her mom was handing us the ticket, her little girl was standing there, hand in hand with her mom, kissing the piggies in our logo on our banner. After we handed over the rib, her mom picked her up and started to move away. The little girl started crying and pointed to our banner crying, "piggies". It gave us a chuckle and my wife quickly yelled to the mom to wait. With that, my wife rummaged through our stuff and picked out one of our team tee shirts still in the wrapper and brought it to the mom. The little girl immediately stopped crying and her eyes widened to the size of a baseballs, whenh suddenly a big smile appeared as she kissed the pigs on our logo on the tee shirt. The mom was about to say thank you when the little girl uttered, "luv piggies". All of our hearts melted and win, loose or draw it made our contest.
Great story, it was also great to see the polocks back in action.

Congrats to all! Sorry that I missed it this year. I hope to see you all next year!

Thanks all for a great time and helping to make it a success(i think so anyway). PAL was thrilled and shocked at what took place. Although I tried geting thru what we were all about, they never understood the extent.. The buck a bone contest generated over $4000 for the Special needs division, other folks were going up to richie handing him $$ for other things too. (Vitale contributed all profits from the ranch kettle raffle to the cause. ) I dont have a $$ figure yet but im sure we didn't go in the red.

thanks again for everyone for coming down and making it a great contest.. congrats to the winners!

Did anyone take any pictures? I was running around so much that i didnt have a chance.. Wanted to get a photo of the venue from the top of the stadium and never made it.

AWESOME event!! and not just because of the first place call...lol. Everything was right on the money...we never went without water, electric bathrooms or people to help us. So now I say to Phil, Rich and all those wonderful volunteers EXCELLENT job!! Thank you! thank you! thank you!!

I'm sure you guys will find some way to make it better next year, but at this moment I'm not even sure what to suggest because it was SO AWESOME!!

What a great time! As always, it was great to see everyone. We had alot of fun this weekend. Congrats to everyone that walked. Especially Chubby Hubby, SIDE & and our neighbors Swamp Pit! It was Julie's Coffee that fueled us sunday morning! We also had a great time hanging with the guys from The Smokers Lounge too.

Special "Thanks" to Phil for all of his hard work and countless hours spent organizing the event. Also for relocating us to a bigger spot last minute.

I think the PAL did a great job. It was very organized.

Willie couldn't keep his hands off the big wiener this weekend. I busted him trying to steal it at about 3:00am. That was pretty funny!

Thank you to everyone that came by to congratulate us. Can't wait for the next one!

WALL of SHAME post.

Oh.. remember when richie said he has DNA evidence to track down folks who leave the site a mess. :heh: The site was left in 95% original state(other 5% being from normal wear and tear). Only trash left behind was set at the 'curbs'(site edges... perfect), no damage, no piles of ash on the floor, Teams did an outstanding job compared to what i have seen previously.. just basic litter that comes with a festival .. I REALLY thank everyone for that becase its one less thing that would count against us being invited bacl..so far there are none. :clap2:

except for one group... heres what we found in the middle of the site... I had to haul it off so THEY dont have to.. So I covered your ARSE...., its at the curb by MY HOUSE. You'll know who u are.!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!:boxing::becky:

40483_1458007883728_1039316847_31135312_3411390_n.jpg

Oh.. remember when richie said he has DNA evidence to track down folks who leave the site a mess. :heh: The site was left in 95% original state. Only trash left behind was set at the 'curbs'(site edges... perfect), no damage, no piles of ash on the floor, Teams did an outstanding job compared to what i have seen previously.. just basic litter that comes with a festival .. I REALLY thank everyone for that becase its one less thing that would count against us being invited bacl..so far there are none. :clap2:

except for one group... heres what we found in the middle of the site... I had to haul it off so THEY dont have to.. So I covered your ARSE...., its at the curb by MY HOUSE. You'll know who u are.!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!:boxing::becky:

40483_1458007883728_1039316847_31135312_3411390_n.jpg

We were one of the last teams to leave and I was amazed at the cleanliness of the site, great job teams...except the team shown above:tsk:

This was my first competition and I was amazed at how friendly and helpful all of the teams were.
Phil and Rich did an amazing job.
Congrats to all the teams that walked.
Special thanks to Julie from Swamp Pit for all of your help. Congrats on the 1st place pork.

Congratulations to all of the competitors!! Thank you to our host PAL and all of those involved with the countless hours of preparation. The venue was excellent!

What a great time! As always, it was great to see everyone. We had alot of fun this weekend. Congrats to everyone that walked. Especially Chubby Hubby, SIDE & and our neighbors Swamp Pit! It was Julie's Coffee that fueled us sunday morning! We also had a great time hanging with the guys from The Smokers Lounge too.

Special "Thanks" to Phil for all of his hard work and countless hours spent organizing the event. Also for relocating us to a bigger spot last minute.

I think the PAL did a great job. It was very organized.

Willie couldn't keep his hands off the big wiener this weekend. I busted him trying to steal it at about 3:00am. That was pretty funny!

Thank you to everyone that came by to congratulate us. Can't wait for the next one!

Congrats on the GC!

Also thanks to Sledneck for lending me his son to run turn-in boxes. It was a life saver. Don't think I've laugh as much as I did this weekend.

IMG00225-20100808-0610.jpg

IMG00228-20100808-0846.jpg

great contest. Very well run. Rich (and his wife) did a great job for a 1st time organizer of a bbq contest. Special thx to 84 year old "Jack Palance" Sacco for setting up the water pipes. That guy is awesome. Especially when he was picking up the pipes sunday night telling his grandson he is doing it wrong. And then started doing it himself. All the volunteers were awesome. The ice was always flowing and the shirts were very bright. Good to see everyone there. No complaints here. wish i had some so i could start a blog. And awesome that $4k raised from Saturday's Buck a rib.

Not at all. I was just shocked (and barely functional) when I looked at the scores and me and Chubby Hubby laughed about how crazy it is. I tried to get a dollar from them as a settlement and didn't so we struck a joint custody thing for the big arse trophy.

Since most of the Battle of the BBQ Brethren awards live at my house I thought I should get a bit more time but we're working through it. ;)

I assume chunks of this part of the thread imply a :wink: but this wasnt a tie. There are well documented scoring rules and per those rules you came in 3rd.

Squeaked out swamp pit by this "l l" much to win ribs. Tough weekend...very tough but always great laughs. Do yourself a favor and ask sacco about the cuban and the "cheep". Empty your bladder first as it was that funny. I'm still chuckling about it. Additionally ask him about the peanut butter smell...still haven;t figured that one out yet.

SIDE - what can I say...you're a media whore with a small box of trophies...sometimes third place is perfect. :) Thanks for the sticks, very much enjoyed them.

BBS and Bigguns, you guys are freaking hysterical. Eyes glazed over Saturday evening at 1pm. Laughed and laughed.

Great to see the Pollocks back, they be kicking us in the butt again soon.

Paul at Cues your daddy...Diorama in motion.....

What a weekend. Scott

Back