Basic trailer electricity question

B6C7F7B0-40CF-4900-9C8B-22B9BFDCDFA3_zpscho0ull1.jpg

Let there be light! Things starting to come together.

im not a electrician but my thoughts would be to wire for 50 amp as more places are starting to offer it and I do know that with adapters you can plug into any service that way but you cant go the other way without possible damage to your system

Went with a Marinco 30amp inlet, then from the box, 1 circuit is the 4 outlets down the ceiling, 1 circuit is the 2 LED 4' lights, and 1 circuit is the outlet in the Vnose which has the 2 USB ports as well for recharging phones/gadgets. Being a 6' trailer, all the foot traffic will be down the right side so I kept the overhead stuff on the left.

Ceiling was insulated with 2" polystyrene, and then furring strips and 1/4 Luan. Need to do a little trim work yet. The Luan is very light, but also very flimsy so Ill need some trim work still.

Spent way too much time and money painting the walls last week only to put a few deep scuffs in and need to paint the ceiling as well now.

Will be doing an epoxy floor when I get a week with better weather.

Went with a Marinco 30amp inlet, then from the box, 1 circuit is the 4 outlets down the ceiling, 1 circuit is the 2 LED 4' lights, and 1 circuit is the outlet in the Vnose which has the 2 USB ports as well for recharging phones/gadgets. Being a 6' trailer, all the foot traffic will be down the right side so I kept the overhead stuff on the left.

Ceiling was insulated with 2" polystyrene, and then furring strips and 1/4 Luan. Need to do a little trim work yet. The Luan is very light, but also very flimsy so Ill need some trim work still.

Spent way too much time and money painting the walls last week only to put a few deep scuffs in and need to paint the ceiling as well now.

Stop at your local big box hardware store and look at the FRP (fiberglass Reinforced Panels) panels and the available end/corner/45 strips. They are light weight, do not require painting and can be washed down with a high pressure hose. This is the item that is found in most restaurant kitchens. It comes in various thicknesses and you can order it if necessary.

As far as electrical, 30 amp is the best way to go and all RV supply stores will carry the various plugs and adapters. I carry a 20 to 30 and a 50 to 30 adapter to all of the cook-offs and never find a problem.

20 amp service is always on a GFI at the box and 30 amp is usually not so go with the 30 and adapt down if necessary.

Can you provide the parts list of what you used and maybe where you got it? I am looking to do the exact same thing.

Boxes/Conduit (kind of a link your own kit).
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2285139-c-9801.htm
(do not buy the shallow boxes unless you want to piss off your electrician)
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2285140-c-9801.htm
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2285118-c-9801.htm
They make a multitude of 90 degree angles too and stuff to keep it looking good. all paintable and you dont have to rip your walls apart

The inlet was the 30a parkpower inlet from amazon

lights were
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia...und-Light-FMLWL-48-840/205570126?N=5yc1vZc7bu

electrical box was a SquareD box

Back