THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hog1990

Full Fledged Farker
Since I have 2 months to ponder some things before my ShirFab is ready, I have been thinking about some upgrades. Have any of you guys added a wheeled trailer jack to your build? Something like: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fulton-1413020134-Track-Trailer-Tongue/dp/B002DPBI74/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1424189148&sr=8-5&keywords=dual+wheel+trailer+jack"]Amazon.com: Fulton 1413020134 F2 Twin Track Trailer Tongue Jack: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412soHvzv-L.@@AMEPARAM@@412soHvzv-L[/ame] ???

Never even thought about it. I would see what Paul and Tyler could setup for you. I bet they have done this before. It would probably cost less too. Only 2 months? I have 4.:sad:

An easy and practical add-on for any trailer.
You can do lots better price-wise than that one from Amazon. Any boat place or trailer place will have one for more like $40.00 or so.
ETA: Make sure you get one that tilts up and locks for when you are towing the rig.

Depends how heavy your trailer will be.
For a boat sure. For heavy trailers they are useless.
Rule of thumb would be if you can lift the tongue then they will work.
If not they just add dig into the dirt and mud.

The wheels on those are worthless unless your on smooth ground.

I would check if Paul can integrate one of these modified with twin 10" pneumatics like this.

lockingcollar.jpg

If my memory is correct, the jacks that Paul and Tyler put on the cookers can be fitted with either a removable plate or wheel, held on with a pin for easy removal when towing. To be sure, check with Paul.

And also a few months out on my Shirley Fab cooker as well.

Remember, Paul & Tyler balance their rigs perfectly. There is a picture somewhere on their web page with Paul's wife movin a pit around, with one hand I think. My point is you don't need a "brute" jack, maybe just a fat turf tire.

Remember, Paul & Tyler balance their rigs perfectly. There is a picture somewhere on their web page with Paul's wife movin a pit around, with one hand I think. My point is you don't need a "brute" jack, maybe just a fat turf tire.

Yeah I wouldn't be too concerned about the tongue weight itself but the rolling resistance is what's gonna kill those cheap jacks. I've seen those cheap jacks fail from pushing sideways on even the lightest of tongue weights usually at the stamped steel pivot, the one from Harbor Freight has a trunnion style pivot with a larger bearing surface.

Back