THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Gonna enjoy this day off.....starting in a relaxing way, too.

Late yesterday afternoon I loaded up the grill with some FoGo lump. Really nice sized pieces....grate gripper tool for reference. I put several fist sized hickory chunks in afterwards, too.

RGboeG3.png

NXvB4XI.png

t8fdPFf.png

I let her run steady for a good little while while I got a butt ready.

fyXhMH5.png

Butt went on before bedtime.

zJoL1qo.png

Also before going to bed, I rubbed down some trimmed spares and put 'em in the fridge.

iFDDftI.png

The rib rub I normally use takes a while to set up and glaze. This is after the overnight rest in the fridge.

Grill was running at 205 when I woke up this morning and checked. Probing tender in most spots....almost ready.

4e02py0.png

Ribs went on the grill while the butt is finishing up.

Hope you fine folks have a great day and get the time to cook up some good eats on what looks like will be a really nice weather Thursday.

It's hard to believe that March is almost gone !!!!!

Two hours in on the ribs. Butt is getting close....

fQunwtl.png

Last edited:
This grill has run the past 16 hours at +/- 10 degrees with only a couple of very minor vent adjustments from me.

CjsDGA3.png

So easy.

I normally don't run butts & ribs quite this low, but I had the time today to kick back and let it take it's time, so I figured....WTH?.....let it ride. :)

Wow, that Kamado is a smokin' machine. I've not been around one. Nice to see they hold steady temps for so long. Great cook Dub!!

Looks great, Dub. Do you score the butt and then put that side down? Keep smoking, Joe

Yup. Slight trimming done....score the fat and put it down towards the heat deflector. It almost all cooks off. :thumb:

VCc8hk7.png

3OdaA8O.png

Pulling sauce applied.

IdCc5Xo.png

Xvekk2Q.png

I made my 3:30pm time goal !

Son didn't want any slaw on his plate.....oh well....more for the rest of us.

He destroyed this and then went back for another plate of Parmesan corn, pulled pork & ribs.

PMYa92h.png

He said he could eat toasted King's Hawaiian rolls every day. I warned him that's the quick way to become fat and old like me. :rofl:

Kid has a crazy high metabolism right now.....gotta feed the beast and laugh at the bone pile that he leaves behind.

Wife and I are eating later.

For now, I'm going to go sit on the deck and get the grill shut down and enjoy some smooth & tasty suds.

0Yy6Vvf.png

Back