bacon wrapped sausage with red jalapeno and dizzy pig dizzy dust and blues hog honey mustard sauce smoked with apple chips on tattoo, the mini egg

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
Rick - looks great - I noticed you cooked four, but only plated two - may I have the leftovers?

I know what you mean, I'm going have to try that over the long weekend.

Thanks Rick for inspiring me try something different than burgers and dogs!

how did you toast the wheat buns? butter and on the smoker, on both sides? oil?

TIA,

Mike

just put them right on the grid for about 30 seconds a side, opened up. mush longer and they would have been black.

Rick - looks great - I noticed you cooked four, but only plated two - may I have the leftovers?

i ate the other two for lunch today... sorry :biggrin:

thanks, guys. this was really easy and the results were great. i'd try it again, but i always end up making something different. i used to ask my mother why she never made the same thing twice. i think i understand now. 8)

Drool literally came out of the side of me mouth :) I am so copying that recipe

Drool literally came out of the side of me mouth :) I am so copying that recipe

i'm telling ya it's too easy and the flavor profile provided is way better than an oscar meyer hotdog :biggrin:

no red jalapenos? throw in a green one. any all purpose bbq rub will do as well as any mustard. use what you have

*that's the name of my new food network pilot... "use what you have" *

That looks great, excellent!!

Did you do that on the new Komando? :rolleyes:

Joking, I'll give this a shot later, thanks!!

That looks great, excellent!!

Did you do that on the new Komando? :rolleyes:

Joking, I'll give this a shot later, thanks!!

hahaha. on the mini egg. this thing can't be stopped. 8)

just put them right on the grid for about 30 seconds a side, opened up. mush longer and they would have been black.

i ate the other two for lunch today... sorry :biggrin:

thanks for the reply Rick, you are one of the reasons that make this great brethren site so great!, you show how to do it, and the end result (with great photography skills, I must add).

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks again,

Mike

I know, just ribbing you a little. I'm an egger.

What temp BTW? Did you do those direct or indirect?

direct at around 400 at the start, then close to 300 at the end. smoasting 8)

Well Rick, those looked so good I had to make some for dinner...Had to use green japs but they turned out great! Thanks for the idea...

firecrakerjack

Back