Backwoods G2 Party temp control

The damper doors should be snug, but not to the point of having to 'forcebly' open and close them. Look at the runners that the doors sit in. They should have a slide inward angle to them. The GURU damper sounds like it was your problem. Do yourself a favor and cook on it a good dozen cooks to learn the cooker before you use the GURU. You should be able to nail 225 on that cooker w/o the guru all day long.

Also, if you are going to use lump coal, make sure you don't have any pieces that are really large. The more uniform the coal, the more consistent the burn will be.

The damper doors should be snug, but not to the point of having to 'forcebly' open and close them. Look at the runners that the doors sit in. They should have a slide inward angle to them. The GURU damper sounds like it was your problem. Do yourself a favor and cook on it a good dozen cooks to learn the cooker before you use the GURU. You should be able to nail 225 on that cooker w/o the guru all day long.

I can't agree with the highlighted statement more. When I got mine I also had just bought a cyber q 2 that would control both of them. But I didn't use it until I knew how to work the vents. I found a good sweet spot where it would just settle into 250-260 and would let it ride there.

Back