aurthers bryants

It was just OK, to me. Try Plowboys BBQ in Blue Springs, MO or Q39.

It's alright. I really like KC Joe's, L.C.'s and Smokin' Guns. There are a lot of great places I haven't been yet like Plowboy's.

it used to be my favorite but it is a hit and miss for a couple years now , I would try Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que or Porkey's BBQ but Porkey' s usually sell out by 2:00 or 3:00 .

How is authers bryants in kansas city. We are going to KC for a few days and looking for good bbq.

The meat is fair, the sauce is hideous. Try Q39, Zarda BBQ, Rosedale BBQ, Gates, Quicks, almost anything BUT Bryant's

We did a bbq tour in kc on a vacation. Not blown away by any of the restaurants in kc. We ate at 4 places on the tour, Arthur Bryant's, Gates, The wood yard, and LC'S. The best thing out of all 4 of them was the burnt ends and home fries at LC'S. Wood yard had pretty good ribs. We also ate at jack stack and Wabash bbq. Wabash was pretty good, Jack Stack was too expensive. I really liked the bbq sauce at LC'S. I bought a bottle of it here in Tulsa and wasn't the same. The bbq tour was pretty neat. I didn't leave Gates or Arthur Bryant thinking I would go back.

I used to work out of KC Gates IMO is the best in KC then OK Joes AB don't make the list ate there once it was pretty disgusting.

Been to Bryants, not overly impressed, but felt that I had to go there as it is an institution of BBQ restaurant history.

Smoking Guns was MUCH better!!! I got the "Tripple D" plate (same plate that Guy Fieri had on his show "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives"). Huge plate-full of BEs, along with brisket slices and pulled turkey. Dad-gum/slap-yo-momma GOOD!!!

The sauce at AB's tastes like poison, the meat is average at best. I'm not sure why the restaurant is on anyone's tour or crawl list.

We did a bbq tour in kc on a vacation. Not blown away by any of the restaurants in kc. We ate at 4 places on the tour, Arthur Bryant's, Gates, The wood yard, and LC'S. The best thing out of all 4 of them was the burnt ends and home fries at LC'S. Wood yard had pretty good ribs. We also ate at jack stack and Wabash bbq. Wabash was pretty good, Jack Stack was too expensive. I really liked the bbq sauce at LC'S. I bought a bottle of it here in Tulsa and wasn't the same. The bbq tour was pretty neat. I didn't leave Gates or Arthur Bryant thinking I would go back.

Burnt ends at LC's are the best! And stay the heck away from AB if you want good BBQ.

My vote would be to stop at Smoking Guns, head southwest and pick up some Slaps BBQ, then swing by Joes KC, and end up at Q39, then head east over to Plowboys. All Kansas City BBQ is great!! Just depends on the flavor your in the mood for �� �� �� !!!

Smokin' Joes on Santa Fe for the pulled pork and cole slaw. The rest of the meats are average at best.
BB's Lawnside BBQ for the BBQ sundae in a mason jar and the KILLER bread pudding, and cold tall boy PBR's and blues. The rest of their meats are average at best.
The rest of the places are Ok, but stay away from gates (rude order takers!), AB (horrible everything), zardas (grocery store bland Q), joes KC (best things there is the fries...zman horribly over rated!). Jack stack is OK but not worth a special trip.

Best local Q used to be Amazing Grace's inside the door at the Grand Emporium...and she cooked everything at home in her kitchen and then brought it to the venue to sell before each show!

Now it's just run of the mill Q in KC unfortunately. And I live here. Best Q available is poolside at my house on weekends. But I am biased, as are my friends! Late night water volleyball, ice cold beer, my wife's cole slaw, and Q off my LSG insulated vertical will do that!

Jason

Smokin' Joes on Santa Fe for the pulled pork and cole slaw. The rest of the meats are average at best.
BB's Lawnside BBQ for the BBQ sundae in a mason jar and the KILLER bread pudding, and cold tall boy PBR's and blues. The rest of their meats are average at best.
The rest of the places are Ok, but stay away from gates (rude order takers!), AB (horrible everything), zardas (grocery store bland Q), joes KC (best things there is the fries...zman horribly over rated!). Jack stack is OK but not worth a special trip.

Best local Q used to be Amazing Grace's inside the door at the Grand Emporium...and she cooked everything at home in her kitchen and then brought it to the venue to sell before each show!

Now it's just run of the mill Q in KC unfortunately. And I live here. Best Q available is poolside at my house on weekends. But I am biased, as are my friends! Late night water volleyball, ice cold beer, my wife's cole slaw, and Q off my LSG insulated vertical will do that!

Jason

Preach it brother. Lsg vertical cabinet turns out some great Q.

Back