August ***SPECIAL*** "2023 Burger Challenge" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All MONTH!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New August SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"2023 Burger Challenge!"

This was ssv3's entry in the 2018 July SPECIAL Burger Blowout

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

1. Cook burgers how you like them!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

3. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Tuesday 8/1 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Tuesday 9/5/23.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Tuesday 9/5/23

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown.

Please use the first photo below for voting/judging. The rest are to show the process.

Enjoy!

~OCEAN~TO~TABLE~
FRESH CAUGHT ALASKA RED SALMON BURGER
-Dipnetted from the Kenai River July 24 & 25, 2023;
Ground & grilled on August 1-

Attachments

• IMG_3830.jpg
    IMG_3830.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3741.jpg
    IMG_3741.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3835.jpg
    IMG_3835.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 284
Well shoot. I just grilled some pretty good burgers last night. Without pics. Didn't know this was a thing.

So for clarification, by Multiple entries you mean ONE entry but multiple photo's?

To answer your question, multiple entries means more than one entry submission, each one with one or more photos, but only ONE photo designated for voting. A few people do submit more than one photo in an entry, but there must be ONE photo designated for voting, otherwise known as an entry photo.

So, hypothetically, if you submit 3 entries in this Throwdown, your 3 entries in the voting poll would look like:

Itsdone
Itsdone2
Itsdone3

Does that make sense?

To answer your question, multiple entries means more than one entry submission, each one with one or more photos, but only ONE photo designated for voting. A few people do submit more than one photo in an entry, but there must be ONE photo designated for voting, otherwise known as an entry photo.

So, hypothetically, if you submit 3 entries in this Throwdown, your 3 entries in the voting poll would look like:

Itsdone
Itsdone2
Itsdone3

Does that make sense?

Thats what i originally thought, but i got confused with the above entry having multiple photo's in the entry post. I was under the impression the entry post could only contain ONE photo.

Thats what i originally thought, but i got confused with the above entry having multiple photo's in the entry post. I was under the impression the entry post could only contain ONE photo.

I can see how you might think that - most folks enter with a single photo, and a link to their cook thread in Qtalk if they have it.

Some years ago, we started encouraging people to enter this way, as it started creating very long entry threads, but it's not a rule, so one can do either, as long as an entry is officially declared and a designated entry photo is identified if there are multiple photos.

I can see how you might think that - most folks enter with a single photo, and a link to their cook thread in Qtalk if they have it.

Some years ago, we started encouraging people to enter this way, as it started creating very long entry threads, but it's not a rule, so one can do either, as long as an entry is officially declared and a designated entry photo is identified if there are multiple photos.

Maybe a 3 pic maximum entry? I am always torn between a close up of the item, and the plate as a whole since presentation is important as well. But what do i know.

Please Accept Entry #1 of many to come into this Throwdown.

Entry1.jpg

This is a really good idea and I'll try to remember to do it that way next time. I can see the benefit. Thanks for 'splainin!

You can stop there Bob. I can't see it getting any better than that.

Never Stop. Burgers don't stop at a traditional onion smash burger deluxe. AKMIMNAK went totally untraditional with his Salmon Burger. There's lots of other proteins that make Great burgers...hint...hint.:biggrin1:

Burger TD Entry

Promised myself I'd never make a slider, but got such a good deal on small rolls I'll be posting several entries, here's #1. Cowboy sliders smothered with 4 cheeses, BBQ sauce, pickles and onion crisps. No pics of the cook as these suckers cook fast!

Pressed and dusted with my burger dust.
Formed.jpg

Cooked and ready for fixins.
Closeup.jpg

Ready for dinner. Also my entry photo please.
Finale.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Back