Arancini

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
The wife brow beat me into trying to make Arancini and boy I'm sure glad she did. It's a lot of work, but the payoff is so worth it. We went off script and added ground pork to our recipe.

Started by browning finely chopped onions in butter then added ground pork. When the pork was cooked added the Arborio rice and cooked for about 5 minutes. Then slowly added the chicken stock about a cup at a time and stirred until all the liquid was absorbed before adding more.

Arancini-2.jpg

Arancini-3.jpg

Once all the liquid was absorbed, I spread it out on parchment lined baking sheet to cool completely.

Arancini-4.jpg

Once cooled, we rolled them into a ball, flattened and added a cube of mozzarella cheese and some ricotta then shaped back into a ball again. Then they were put into the fridge to cool and set.

Arancini-5.jpg

While the deep fryer was heating up, we prepped the balls. Dipped in flour, then egg then panko crumbs.

Arancini-6.jpg

Then it was into the fryer for a dip.

Arancini-7.jpg

Arancini-8.jpg

Served with some homemade tomato sauce and fresh basil. This made 1 dozen Arancini so we have 6 left over to try reheating in the air fryer. These turned out so good.

Arancini-1.jpg

The recipe I used can be found here: https://tcfrecipes.home.blog/2019/08/23/cheesy-arancini/

Back