THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rdstoll

is one Smokin' Farker
I do ribs fairly often and always get St. Louis spares that weigh between 2.5-3.0lbs. But today I went to get some for a weekend cook and between three separate stores I only found one rack that weighed over 2.0lbs. Has anyone noticed the same thing recently?

Quite the opposite here in Nebraska. When I’ve been shopping for ribs for backyard cooks, I tend to find most rack meatier than usual. If they have enough graininess, I’ll snag them for competitions. I would guess this has been consistent for the last three months or so at Hy-Vee stores. I don’t look at weight (probably should) but, I’ve been paying $13-$15 a rack. Ouch compared to finding them about $10-$11 in previous years.

:heh:

0a2c9095445a433dc3d398238c771661.jpg

:puke:

KvlAbmdl.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I saw this precision cut beauty a couple of weeks ago. I have actually noticed a lot of extra flap and waste meat on the ribs lately, mostly to get more out of an already expensive product, I'm sure.

Attachments

Back