Anyone made the Sucklebuster's chili recipe?

Sorry for the delay Mik, I think this is the same recipe as on the like 15oz chili powder cannister I buy (I ran out, so I cannot check).

This recipe is a keeper, and I will add Japs, Pab's, and also hatch chili's

I love that Sucklebuster chili spice blend

Glad you had positive results!

I've tried the original, competition, and Ghost Pepper. They all have really nice flavor. The Ghost Pepper was a bit too intense for me but if you like heat it packs a punch.

It was even better yesterday, as chili is likely to be. So far it's as close to Longhorn's chili (discontinued..grrr) as I have found. Was a great feed for football Sunday. Oh, and I did add some masa, always good.

I will stick with poblanos at least. I like big chunks of pepper in my chili, much like Charlie's Ale House in Chicago (the Munster location had better chili than Navy Pier).

Back when Sucklebusters had BOGO on their chili mixes I'd buy 20 boxes. I've not seen that deal in a minute. I always check hoping though. Sucklebusters IMHO is some of the toppest of top shelf. Well one day while perusing Sucklebusters Area 51 site they had Ghost Town Chili. A Texans recipe, Terlingua Champion (guess that's where ghost town in the name come from). Ordered some Ghost Town, and really enjoy not necessarily more than, but at least as much. Recently used Ghost Towns sale and loaded up. I have no idea if the two companies are related, share same package artist nor any of that. I do know Suckle busters makes some of the best products available, and found Ghost Town through their website -Area 51.
But I know good chili. Both are great mixes. Took me quite a while going through a terlingua competition site to locate Ghost Town , but I'm now on their mailing list.

Here is a link for Ghost Town Chili sale in progress.

https://shoutout.wix.com/so/faOlGyiiU?languageTag=en&cid=b291a6ba-3157-444e-9667-01e64b6deef1

Last edited:
Ghost Town Chili ingredients

Description
World Champion Blend of Chili spices from Terlingua Ghostown Chili. 2X World Champion blend of spices. Chile, Paprika, Cumin, Onion, Garlic, Salt, and Silica

Adams, question - how spicy is the Ghost Town? I have an asbestos tongue, but my bride does not like spicy foods, so I need to make a chili she will eat unless I want to eat the whole pot. . Sucklebusters was too spicy for her. Me, I thought it had a perfect low, slow burn.

Making another pot as we speak, this time with regular chili powder, ancho powder, extra cumin and some smoked paprika. Cut the peppers up in 1" or so pieces as I like cooked down bites of pepper in my chili. Also added a cup of chicken bone stock as I ran out of beef after the cup. The bride also prefers it a little soupier.

Just a note, Sucklebusters Competition Chili kit is a very mild with very little heat at all.
The SuckleBusters Texas Chili kit a a very hearty heat to it. The Ghost Pepper is self explanatory.
As with most all SuckleBuster products, the bottle or box will have a heat level indicator on it.

Adams, question - how spicy is the Ghost Town? I have an asbestos tongue, but my bride does not like spicy foods, so I need to make a chili she will eat unless I want to eat the whole pot. . Sucklebusters was too spicy for her. Me, I thought it had a perfect low, slow burn.

Making another pot as we speak, this time with regular chili powder, ancho powder, extra cumin and some smoked paprika. Cut the peppers up in 1" or so pieces as I like cooked down bites of pepper in my chili. Also added a cup of chicken bone stock as I ran out of beef after the cup. The bride also prefers it a little soupier.

I can't remember which SB is hotter Champion or regular. One was too lit for my wife as well. This Ghost Town is not hot to me and wife will eat this , call it good then say almost to limit. Mildest I've found in mix is Fiesta Light,Mexene, Gebhardt, Williams no salt, Mild Bills mild. I've actually read that Ghost Town uses Mild Bills, but no concrete knowledge. Sale runs quite a while. enough time to order a test run batch.

Back