Another masterpiece from Shirley Fabrication

Here's a couple more shots from later in the day. Paul markets the basket in the warmer as a great place to sear or grill...well, as usual, he's right. I smoked this tri-tip just to get it to an internal temp of about 110 degrees then I put it over direct coals to sear it off. Probably the best tri-tip I've done.

Still working on that piece... In today's run it averaged a difference of about 25 degrees but as I played with the height of the tongue it started to stabilize a little. I think I got it about 10 degrees off towards the end of the cook when I finally started working on that aspect.
Mine is about 25 degrees hotter closer to the firebox.

That pit is Awesome!! No if I could just sell a couple of smokers I would have enough for a down payment for a SF. Congrats on the pit!

Man that looks awesome, thought my recent build was shaping up nicely but it doesn't come close to that kind of quality.

awesome pit...one question though...the platfrom you were using to start the charcoal seemed awfully close to the tank...was that perspective only?

awesome pit...one question though...the platfrom you were using to start the charcoal seemed awfully close to the tank...was that perspective only?

The platform is bigger than it appears in the picture. In actuality, the burner itself is just over a foot away from the tank. I was a little concerned at first but after trying it out I'm really not worried. I ran the burner for almost 30 minutes yesterday and the tank didn't even feel warm.

Back