Another great biscuit test, hotspot test from SkaterSmoker

I'd be curious for him to run another test with the water pan under the main chamber grate and a few inches in front of the firebox inlet, trying to force all of the hot air up immediately and settling out throughout the cook chamber. I did this to my small Brinkmann and it leveled out the temps across that tiny grate to 25-50 degrees, where it was almost 200 difference without. I tried this once with a 73 piece chicken thigh cook I did on my 1975t, and didn't notice any hot spots on the area behind the water pan. Be interesting to see what biscuits showed. My kids will only eat so many biscuits and I'm on a diet, so have to limit my gravy intake that this test would produce...

I'd be curious for him to run another test with the water pan under the main chamber grate and a few inches in front of the firebox inlet, trying to force all of the hot air up immediately and settling out throughout the cook chamber. I did this to my small Brinkmann and it leveled out the temps across that tiny grate to 25-50 degrees, where it was almost 200 difference without. I tried this once with a 73 piece chicken thigh cook I did on my 1975t, and didn't notice any hot spots on the area behind the water pan. Be interesting to see what biscuits showed. My kids will only eat so many biscuits and I'm on a diet, so have to limit my gravy intake that this test would produce...

That’s a good idea! I’ll give it a try.

Back