ANNOUNCING -United Competition BBQ League

Already seeing it my friend... and it will be interesting to navigate these waters. I always get a chuckle out of reactions from the "establishment"... what is shows is where people's hearts are, regardless of what they are saying. True motives are seldom voiced, but constantly communicated. We're not in this for anything other than helping cooks improve their professional BBQ cooking results. Everything we are putting out there is factored against this mission. It will succeed or fail as God sees fit, in our hearts, we just want to help cooks and that motivation seems to be lost by the "establishment" organizations.

Love to have your help, guidance and support along the way.

Heres a heads up. Be Prepared. :)

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

Great idea

I live in LA (Lower AL) and we have very few KCBS contests in our area and the only bbq organization we have, The AL BBQ Association, only seem to promote backyard contests. Thank you Jeff and the others that put their hearts and minds into starting this and I can't wait to cook in some of these events. God Bless you buddy.

I live in LA (Lower AL) and we have very few KCBS contests in our area and the only bbq organization we have, The AL BBQ Association, only seem to promote backyard contests. Thank you Jeff and the others that put their hearts and minds into starting this and I can't wait to cook in some of these events. God Bless you buddy.

Sorry about this being off topic, but I have chime in on this comment. What do you mean "The AL BBQ Association, only seem to promote backyard contests"? That is totally false. The ABA promotes both Pro and Backyard contests. Unfortunately, organizers within the state prefer to have backyard only contests because of the costs and other aspects involved with putting on a Pro contest. In addition, there is a very large contingent of backyard cook teams within the state that have no desire to go Pro.

Already seeing it my friend... and it will be interesting to navigate these waters. I always get a chuckle out of reactions from the "establishment"... what is shows is where people's hearts are, regardless of what they are saying. True motives are seldom voiced, but constantly communicated. We're not in this for anything other than helping cooks improve their professional BBQ cooking results. Everything we are putting out there is factored against this mission. It will succeed or fail as God sees fit, in our hearts, we just want to help cooks and that motivation seems to be lost by the "establishment" organizations.

Love to have your help, guidance and support along the way.

I tried to take on the "establishment" and got crushed. But my conscious is clear and my mind is better off for trying. Good luck.

The ABA promotes both Pro and Backyard contests. Unfortunately, organizers within the state prefer to have backyard only contests because of the costs and other aspects involved with putting on a Pro contest. In addition, there is a very large contingent of backyard cook teams within the state that have no desire to go Pro.

I think the ABA has gotten it right in striking a balance between organized competition and the fun spirit of plain-old backyard BBQ. The fact that "backyard" events draw better than "pro" events in Alabama demonstrates that the state has a population of cooks who are more focused on what they are doing than how it's labeled. I wish we had such a setup here in Georgia!

Is anybody on here familiar with the South Carolina BBQ Assoc? They seem to have found a different way of doing things so I am curious to see what others say about it.

Back