All I Wanted Was A Biscuit Recipe...

My sister got my mom's old copy of The Joy of Cooking, complete with all of the notes, stains and history. My brother has a new version, with all the notes copied in from my mom's copy. I got a pristine one that I never open.

But, that is a great piece of mom love you got there Guerry, now, no excuses for not being able to make great biscuits

Great post! Awesome connection to the past, especially with those handwritten notes, that book is something to treasure for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Couldn't possibly be the lemon pie. :hungry:

Your right, and it wasn't my statement to Landarc promising to get him the recipe my mom used for drop biscuits that prompted me starting the thread either. Wouldn't want to be efficient, or anything...:becky::thumb::thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I echo what Mister Bob said about the handwritten notes. Now we will need to see the pron to be sure you are following the recipe!

I'm gonna go with.....YES!:becky::thumb:

And I'll bet a brisket she used LARD!

How DID you know? :becky: Actually, she had switched completely to shortening by the time I was an older child. Except for the can of bacon grease she always had going. She confessed that she really missed the lard in a conversation we had.

I was trying to think of of something different to have with my beef ribs tonight. This thread made me think of my mother's scalloped potatoes. The recipe is in an old cookbook of her's missing it's covers and title page. All I know is that it's old. Thanks, Guerry .

That there is a book of Love....
too cool, thanks for sharing it....

I also have such treasures from my Nannie.....I'd love to be able to sit down just once more to a plateful of her boiled country ribs, deviled eggs and fried apple pies...

That there is a book of Love....
too cool, thanks for sharing it....

I also have such treasures from my Nannie.....I'd love to be able to sit down just once more to a plateful of her boiled country ribs, deviled eggs and fried apple pies...

I'd love to have that meal myself, there, cuz.

Nice post. My wife and I go to yard sales just to look for cook books, I don't even want to say how many we have.

Back