Albukirky chicken and fire roasted salsa

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I did a dry brine on some chicken quarters last night using Albukirky Green Chile seasoning and grilled them up tonight. Albukirky Green Chile is probably my favorite chicken seasoning…really good stuff if you want a bit of southwest flavor. I decided to whip up a batch of salsa while I had the grill running. Roasted jalapeños, poblanos, white onion, and tomatillos. Then I added some garlic, one avocado, salt, and the juice of one small lime. I put the salsa in mason jars, then pasteurize in nearly boiling water, and it keeps for a good while in the refrigerator.

Good stuff :thumb:

Dang brotha! You've got my stomach growling. Literally.

Love albukirky for southwest style cooking. Ran through my shakers pretty fast.

Dang brotha! You've got my stomach growling. Literally.

Love albukirky for southwest style cooking. Ran through my shakers pretty fast.

I need to place another order, I’m running low as well. Received my first bottles in a brethren trade round and been hooked ever since.

That's straight fire right there! Nicely done!

I tried a few of the Albukirky rubs a few years back. They were good, but never made it into the "re-order rotation." I think I need to give them another go.

I'm going to have to try this Albukerky stuff. Your chicken looks great, but I bet that salsa is just over the top!

Another of my favorite ways to use it is to create a slather with some oil and marinate boneless skinless chicken thighs, then cook them on the Blackstone and dice for chicken tacos. I don’t use the red as often but I do particularly enjoy it on skirt steak for tacos or fajitas.

Back