Age old question...Yoder or MAK

I hear what you’re saying about the Weber still being your go-to grill, and perhaps you’re right. That said, I have a hunch you may be wrong. Just sayin’...

Both do a fantastic job of smoking and roasting. Bring the Funnel Flame Zone into play and now you have a very nice pellet grill.

If you go the 1 Star route, what accessories do you see yourself adding?

Having cooked on both the 1 and 2 Stars, personally I much prefer the 2 Star because of its extreme versatility/ruggedness right out of the box. Not that the 1 Star isn’t rugged or versatile... but with the 2 Star you’re taking marine grade 304 SS and most all the bells and whistles as standard equipment.

Yeah thinking about it more and sleeping on it I'm gonna stick with my initial gut reaction and go with the 2 star. Like everyone has said...buy once, cry once haha

Yeah thinking about it more and sleeping on it I'm gonna stick with my initial gut reaction and go with the 2 star. Like everyone has said...buy once, cry once haha

You will be well pleased with your decision!

Serious question - is there anything wrong with Cookshack? The PG1000 was a consideration when I was looking, but was eliminated because I didn't like the stack sticking out of the table. Specs seemed decent, stainless and made in USA. I didn't see very many reviews when searching.

Serious question - is there anything wrong with Cookshack? The PG1000 was a consideration when I was looking, but was eliminated because I didn't like the stack sticking out of the table. Specs seemed decent, stainless and made in USA. I didn't see very many reviews when searching.
Cookshack has a great reputation their pellet grills, charbroilers, electric smokers and high end commercial Pellet Smokers are all top notch, when searching for a PG 2 years ago it came down to MAK, Memphis and Cookshack, it was hard to make a decision on which grill to get.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cookshack! If the “zones” work for you, it’s a very solid and reliable cooker!! :)

The MAK produces awesome smoke flavor. I have a WSM, Primo Ceramic and the MAK gives me just as much smoke flavor. Had other pellet cookers and needed to add smoke generators to get more smoke flavor. I don't need to add anything to the MAK.
CS is ridiculously good. The few times I've called, I've spoken directly to the owner/designer.

The MAK produces awesome smoke flavor. I have a WSM, Primo Ceramic and the MAK gives me just as much smoke flavor. Had other pellet cookers and needed to add smoke generators to get more smoke flavor. I don't need to add anything to the MAK.
CS is ridiculously good. The few times I've called, I've spoken directly to the owner/designer.

What pellets are you using and what temps are you using for your low/slow cooks?

What pellets are you using and what temps are you using for your low/slow cooks?

I used Bear Mountain pecan pellets last weekend for beef ribs and they were the best I ever made. The temp was 245 and had excellent smoke profile.

Back