Afghanistan live

I know I have been retired for quite a while, but those look like Mk 1 Mod 0 sausages, NSN OU812 (yes, I was Navy, but lived on an AF Base for two years during my service). One time on the menu they would be Italian, the next time a Brat, then a Knack. I hope they taste better now. No matter what kind they were, I know they were enjoyed by all who attended. Now, the next most important question, what were the sides? I, too thank you and your Comrades in Arms.

I know I have been retired for quite a while, but those look like Mk 1 Mod 0 sausages, NSN OU812 (yes, I was Navy, but lived on an AF Base for two years during my service). One time on the menu they would be Italian, the next time a Brat, then a Knack. I hope they taste better now. No matter what kind they were, I know they were enjoyed by all who attended. Now, the next most important question, what were the sides? I, too thank you and your Comrades in Arms.

Those sir were German brats we acquired from a base run by the German military. They run a morale program allowing us to order and pick up proteins for BBQs. The sides were provided by our DFAC here, beans, a veggie tray, and buns. And the bad ass cake they made us plus ice cream. It was enjoyed for sure!

Thanks for your service, and HOW THE PHARK was this not in country when I was there??????????

I mean I got crappy steak and boiled lobster every Thursday, but still, real BBQ from a real Smoker, not fixed by some over paid whinney civilian contractor who didn't give two pharks about us.

Safe Travels for you and your crew, and smoke on brother, smoke on. MERICA!!!

Back