advice needed on used pellet grill/smoker

I wonder if there is something to do with the probe location. Maybe the BJ has higher temperature variations between different area. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense.

Did anyone test the temperature next to the meat to see if it matches the controller displayed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to add another vote for the Rec Tec Bull. I love my Rec Tec (older model), and with the addition of all stainless body, Wi-Fi, and two meat probes it's the best deal out there.

The only criticisms I have read are about their advertising tactics and the appearance of the bull horns. While both may be legitimate concerns, they in no way affect your ability to cook great food. And the criticisms come from people who have never owned a Rec Tec.

If you are looking for a great smoker, LOTS of stainless components, a long warranty, great customer service and WiFi at a reasonable price, Rec Tec is worthy of consideration.

But I do covet a Mak!

Not firm but I lean toward rec tec rt700.
Mostly positive reviews.
2 food probes.
WiFi. I need some kind of wireless connection. With this, I can free up my smoke thermometer.

Being a fan of used to save money...I would say these prices are too high for me.

Assume you have to replace the electronics and mechanicals...quickly equals new price yet you still have used gear.

Made that mistake in a used Egg. By the time I got it up to snuff I was close to new without warranty.

Sometimes it’s better to wait a season and save a bit more to get new.

Good luck in you decision!

Back